Two 30 cal Remingtons to the range!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Took two of my favorite rifles to the range today for some 300 yard unsupported practice. Mostly I shot from sitting, with the rifle sling for stability, but took some offhand shots as well. Am doing reasonably well from sitting... Standing? Oh good grief, I need work!

Some old Marine, happy to be shooting the good ol' SWAT rifle. Lovin' the kind of new SWFA 6x scope:
TFIfL2Jl.jpg

Good ol' "Green Machine" waiting for me to sit down on the concrete and bust some caps!
J3dICspl.jpg

First three shots at 300, from sitting. I didn't dial the elevation, just held a little high, so shot placement isn't ideal. I did dope the wind pretty well. Was holding along the left side of the target.
KXW5fQol.jpg

The 30-06 Rem 700 CDL with the 6x Leupold got to play too. Handloaded 165 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips over H4350. Did pretty well with this rifle too, though not as well as with the heavier 308 Win:
ocJsBpQl.jpg

HB3AgXTl.jpg

After sitting and standing practice at 300 yards. Yup, I missed some shots too. Standing isn't nearly as strong as I'd like it to be right now. More practice! :)
eygWGj7l.jpg

Regards, Guy

You say you missed a few shots, but it does look as if you still got it when it comes to the thirties. Fine shooting, Guy.

Pretty cool Guy. Glad you’re liking the SS 6x. I’ve become pretty found of them and they sure do make hitting easy.

Seeing your post makes me look forward to getting the new stock for my 30-06. If I can put it all together I may get a little use from it this fall.

Scotty - I really appreciate you recommending the 6x SWFA to me. It's a remarkable scope, and an outstanding bargain.

Guy

Nice shooting Guy and a couple of really nice rifles.

Can't decide between the 6X or 10X SWFA scope, wish they made an 8x :lol: Probably should just buy their 3-9x42 when it comes on sale in the fall.

Didn't know you boys out yonder needed standard cartridges.... :p

Unless they are strictly for plinking !! :wink:

slickrem":b6wj9tr3 said:
Didn't know you boys out yonder needed standard cartridges.... :p

Unless they are strictly for plinking !! :wink:

Good ol' 30-06 has treated me real well in the tag-filling department. (y)

Guy

Very nice shooting Guy (y). The 30-06 can never be questioned as a go to rifle. As it has made it's mark over the last 60 years or better :wink:

Blessings,
Dan

Back