Savage .243...95 grain ballistic tip....IMR4350 recipes?

bulldog4949

Beginner
Sep 29, 2009
Ok, I am new at reloading but have been lurking and reading for quite some time. Just got all of reloading stuff in the mail.

Going to start with my 243 savage model 110..22" barrel, with 1:10 twist.

My question is do any of you veteran shooters have a recipe for something similiar to what I am reloading for?

Going with nosler 95 grain BT and IMR 4350. Not sure if 37, 38 or 39 grain range will be best. I know the 10% less max for starting point, but wanted to start somewhere close to some favorite loads.

I am aware each gun is different.

Thanks for your help. Have a great day.

my kids vangaurd like h4350 40 gr. and 95 gr and 100 gr ballistic tips and solid base bullets. its has a 20 in barrell and all 3 shots will touch

Yea, I was just looking at Nosler reloading manual...and it only lists IMR 4350 and no h4350. That is why I was leaning towards the iMR.

I am undecided about these 2 powders. Not sure which one to go with.

Try 42-43.5 grains of H-4831SC behind those 95 bal tips. My .243 loves that load and shoots great groups and the SD is very low, plus you get decent case capacity and the extreme powder is a good choice.

bulldog4949

I have used IMR4350 in 243 Win with excellent results.
42 grs with a 95 gr PT gave sub MOA accuracy. This is a MAX load that was safe in my rifle so work up carefully.

JD338

Thanks for the help men. I think I am gonna go with IMR 4831 for now.....and shoot. Then if that is not what my gun likes.....it will be with IMR4350.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

Josh

According to Hodgdon's reloading anual magazine for a 95 grain Nosler Partition using H4350. Starting load 39 grains velocity of 2917 and max load of 42.0 grains with a velocity of 3087.

Corey

Yea, I was seeing they listed h4350 for the 95 Partition. But nosler manual does not list it for the 95 bt.

I am gonna buy IMR 4831 and h4350. Load several test bullets to find the mix. Thanks guys.

Josh

bulldog4949":c1vg89xn said:
Yea, I was seeing they listed h4350 for the 95 Partition. But nosler manual does not list it for the 95 bt.

I am gonna buy IMR 4831 and h4350. Load several test bullets to find the mix. Thanks guys.

Josh

I'm sure you understand that it would be impossible for a bullet maker to list data for every powder suitable for a given caliber and bullet weight. This is why I utilize several reloading manuals, beit online or hard copy.

Yes I understand that. But being new I want something in writing to go by so I am safe about my measurements!

Nosler's load data for a given caliber and weight of PT, AB, and BT bullets is interchangeable, jus t start low and work up as not all rifles have the same max powder charge for a given powder and bullet combo.

The above does NOT pertain the E-Tip as Nosler provides specific load information in each box of E-Tips, just an FYI.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.[/b]

Back