Zeiss Rapid Z Calculator

Playing with the calculator prior to buying my Zeiss with the Z800 Reticle helped me decide on it.

Scotty trust me you'll love the Zeiss rapid Z, as for the new calculator, it SUCKS.

This new calculator isn't bad.
I like it. :) I used the old one when making my selection but find this new one easier to manipulate and read.

Vince":14q1f38v said:
I like it. :) I used the old one when making my selection but find this new one easier to manipulate and read.

Try inputting a bullet not listed in the drop down or it's BC. As of now it can't be done, the old system allowed it.

OU812":3p0rnvrg said:
Vince":3p0rnvrg said:

Try inputting a bullet not listed in the drop down or it's BC. As of now it can't be done, the old system allowed it.

OK, I understand your frustration with the new system.
Sorry about that. So far I ran the numbers for two different calibers, using bullets listed, and liked that aspect of it. Maybe they need to offer an option like the old system for those of us that shoot some other bullet, like a "Custom" option or something where you input weight, BC, and velocity.

Vince":2zkfp02c said:
OU812":2zkfp02c said:
Vince":2zkfp02c said:

OK, I understand your frustration with the new system.
Sorry about that. So far I ran the numbers for two different calibers, using bullets listed, and liked that aspect of it. Maybe they need to offer an option like the old system for those of us that shoot some other bullet, like a "Custom" option or something where you input weight, BC, and velocity.

No reason to be sorry. I'm the one using discontinued bullets they don't currently list or allow the option to put the correct info in. I do like the looks and functionality of the new system but some times while in the process of making "improvements" some very useful tools get left out. I kind of figured under the reloading drop down one would have had the option for bullet weight and BC. Maybe they will add that as choices? If not I kept good notes of that bullet for scope power setting at various altitudes that I hunt.

OU812":1xdrgoij said:
No reason to be sorry. I'm the one using discontinued bullets they don't currently list or allow the option to put the correct info in. I do like the looks and functionality of the new system but some times while in the process of making "improvements" some very useful tools get left out. I kind of figured under the reloading drop down one would have had the option for bullet weight and BC. Maybe they will add that as choices? If not I kept good notes of that bullet for scope power setting at various altitudes that I hunt.

My offer still stands Bill.... :twisted:

SJB358":pbomxu0a said:
OU812":pbomxu0a said:

My offer still stands Bill.... :twisted:

I'll keep it in mind :mrgreen: . Zeiss must have listened to my email I sent them as the new calc is not there, seen earlier they had tech difficulties and the old calc is back in it's place. Carry on.

SJB358":2xkmz0nc said:
Darn Zeiss. Just jipped me outta my new 8mm!

Fear not Scott as I'm sure it will be back shortly. Who knows maybe this time they will include the option to input bullet weight and BC of those choices not listed.

And to think I was just on my way to the USPS to send you all my 220 Hornady bullets, 8mm mag with a Zeiss Z-800 scope. :wink:

I might suggest that any of you who want one, consider moving on the Zeiss, if you want a Conquest. They are pretty cheap at the moment and I got my 3.5-10x44 with #4 reticle as open box for < $500 at CLNY. Robert somehow got a 4.5-14x44 Conquest with Rapid Z 800 for not much more. I just wanted one for inventory before they become Terra's. The Terra may be a great scope, I just wonder when they have added another layer of product family to the mix?? Also pulling the Conquest and HD5 back to the Fatherland did not instill me with a great deal of confidence about future US made Zeiss scopes but maybe I am just being a worry wart?

My Conquest got here yesterday and is just like new.

I am giving some serious thought to a Zeiss.

JD338

I have a few and I can tell you they are great glass!

This one sets on top of my Mark V 22-250 with QD rings for possible duty on my 257? I picked it just as the HD's were released and has the Rapid Z Varmint Reticle on it!!

That is a lot of scope; you undoubtedly got an excellent price buying when you did.

I have the Rapid Z 600 on my 270 and it does just what it says it does!!! Comes right out same as the calculator says. Real happy with it for daytime use .................... it is very fine wires and ifffy for late evening stuff though. Cant have everything.
In shooting my Rapid Z at 400 yd targets, I decide to take a poke with my 243 for fun. I found out that my Muller 4x16 on the 243, Has German heavy #4 style reticule, and if I hold down where the fine wire changes to the big heavy post and center the bullseye right across the very top of the heavy post with half of the bull being split with the gun lined up dead on at 200 yds it smacks the 400 yard bull ever shot, using that method ...................... so for those two distances[2-4] only, I know exactly were to hold without a real compensating reticule on the Muller 8)

Back