160 partition, 7RM

jason miller

Handloader
Sep 4, 2012
This bullet retained 128.6 grains, with all of its front lead core gone, and leaked out the right side of its 6th milk jug. It was found laying on top of the snow right next to that final jug. Range was 20 yards. Muzzle velocity should have been very near 3000 fps. The shot was caught on film. From viewing, and from inspecting the carnage, it seems as though the bullet did most of its damage in the first couple of jugs, and retained enough weight/shank to keep poking holes through the last few.

I would love to post pics, but have no idea how. And yes, quite fun. Even with having to trudge through 2' of snow.

Email your pictures to one of the posters and they will be posted to the appropriate thread.

Q1RRfKy.jpg

EuiDZXS.jpg

I like the long shank on that bullet, no wonder it is a penetrating machine :)

Very nice! That 160 PT is classic in the 7mm Rem Mag. Just an awesome performer.

Awsome performance from a great bullet/caliber combo..They both go hand in hand, thanks for posting,

Lou

6mm Remington":1f0l2ehj said:
That is a very classic mushroom and typical Partition performance. The 160 gr. Partition is the ONLY bullet my dad used in his 7mm.

I heard an old hunter say the Lord created the 160 PT then created elk for them to be used on... :grin:

Two jugs is enough for most medium game in penetration, plus, you leave all the energy in the animal.

Back