160deepcurl @300yds

double_d

Beginner
Dec 30, 2011
Made it out to the range today, and was able to give the Speer DeepCurl another test.

This time at 300yds.

Another impressive result for the DeepCurl!

That is great right there.

Question: Are these available as components?

I just clicked the midwayusa links......I hope the 175gr is a mistake. I paid less than $30 per box for both 160gr and 175gr.

One of my local retailers has some .277 and .284/160grs on the shelf now for less than $30 per

Very nice. Have some 140 gr 6.5's and 150 gr 277's on order that will need to be shot into jugs :)

double_d":1ifnaunw said:
I just clicked the midwayusa links......I hope the 175gr is a mistake. I paid less than $30 per box for both 160gr and 175gr.

One of my local retailers has some .277 and .284/160grs on the shelf now for less than $30 per

I don't understand Midways' price either? All the other weights of Speer Deep Curl cost about $30 from Midway but then the 175's are the only one in stock?

I bet they (Speer) is changing packaging or raising prices, so the old stock is out, waiting on the new stuff. The DC's used to be pretty inexpensive for bonded bullets, now they are in line with Hornady Interbonds...

I think that I would be scrounging all of the older deep curls that I could find at $30 per 100!

It has to be a mistake at Midway there is no way they will be doubling them in price so quickly.

gerry":2cc9vuzv said:
It has to be a mistake at Midway there is no way they will be doubling them in price so quickly.

I would hope so. I know 30.00 for a 100 was a steal. They shoot really well in my 30-30 Gerry. Matter of fact, I wanna try a few more. I know they have some good offerings.

They are $32-34 for 6.5's and 277's here at least the ones my wife ordered for me for Christmas were, hope they come in soon. They are a great deal for the price and perfomance.

gerry":2tkbo5rv said:
They are $32-34 for 6.5's and 277's here at least the ones my wife ordered for me for Christmas were, hope they come in soon. They are a great deal for the price and perfomance.

Without a doubt. The one I really wanted to try was the 140 in the 264WM. I was thinking it would be fearsome in that rifle.

Back