2 weeks away for Moose

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
Well, the time has almost come, I'm flying out again to newfoundland on the 31st, I almost had to cancel do to some home renovations, but things are going well, and I'm ready to go. I'll be totting my 300 win mag loaded with 180gr swift scirocco's for this trip, along with my new stock from Mountain Tactical for my Tikka T3 rifle, I have an either sex tag for this hunt, and depending on weather etc, well take any decent moose I see if possible, trophys are nice, but I'm not picky when only hunting 5 days, heck, moose is moose :grin:

Lou

We're pulling for you, Lou. Trust you are successful in this hunt. (y)

DrMike":1xhdq0eu said:
We're pulling for you, Lou. Trust you are successful in this hunt. (y)

Thanks Mike, I'll try my best, and give it my best shot pal, sure would be nice to tag a trophy bull, but meat is meat :) ..I'm going to fine tune the 300 this weekend, and have the 375 as back up, BTW, my Bear smoked sausage is ready for pick up too (y)

Lou

Lou, that 300 will do the job especially with 180gr. Swifts :wink:. Yes a trophy would be great but I have never eaten a tasty set of horns :wink:!!
Either way I sure hope you get a crack at a Moose!!
Remember have Fun, Shoot straight & most of all be Safe!!

Blessings,
Dan

Best of luck Lou.
I hope you can put a nice bull in the freezer.

JD338

Good luck Lou!
Here's hoping you fill your freezer and have a great time doing so.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys, I almost had to cancel this trip due to falling behind due to home renovations :roll: .long story made short, yes I'm flying out next Saturday, I well try my best for sure, I well take the first chance I get, bull or cow, if it happens, I hope to score early in the week so I can relax back at camp.

Lou

Lou, I hope you get that Moose quickly then it is easy street for the rest of the week :wink:.
Are you taking you 375 H&H as back up (y)?

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":vcfpmoyb said:
Lou, I hope you get that Moose quickly then it is easy street for the rest of the week :wink:.
Are you taking you 375 H&H as back up (y)?

Blessings,
Dan

Hi Dan, yes I am pal, I'm looking forward to the hunt, but at the same time not :? ..I have too much going on here right now, and would like to be home for this, I'm leaving my son inlaw in charge of the reno's while I'm gone,just too much going on right now, and hard to stay focused .

I well be using my 300 win mag loaded with the 180gr swift scirocco, this well be my final trip out to the east coast, next year it's all on home turf here in Ontario.
Lou (y)

SJB358":346sm1ok said:
Good luck Lou.
Thanks Scotty and guys, I'll try my best for sure, I almost cancelled my trip tonight because of the home renos, but have the green light to make it :) ..Man, I gotta get my gear all packed up, if I can find it all! :roll: :wink:

Lou

If you don't understand what I said Lou you know how I felt in Newfoundland. :)
I needed am interpreter while there but I had a good time once I let some issues go. :)

Vince":29z8blj4 said:
If you don't understand what I said Lou you know how I felt in Newfoundland. :)
I needed am interpreter while there but I had a good time once I let some issues go. :)

Thanks Vince, I'm used to the boys in Newfoundland land by now, plane leaves at 9pm tomorrow, and still not packed :shock: ..Have lots of time tonight and in the morning though, still working on the kitchen renos for the wifey :grin:

1 more sleep, I'll try my best to update next week from 1 of the 4 corners of the world my friend,
Lou :wink:

Well, I landed about an hour or so ago, and just got settled into my hotel room. Peter is picking me up in the morning, have some breakfast and head to camp (y) I'll keep updates from camp.
Lou

Back