200g AB results

remingtonman_25_06

Handloader
Nov 17, 2005
I had a 2nd season spike tag in eastern oregon and was hunting the mt emily unit. I hunted hard for a week and saw plenty of elk, just not any spikes. Finally we spotted a herd of 6 elk on a ridge. We put the sneak on them and finally got into position. As we peaked over the ridge they were about 250 yards away. I swung my .300 RUM loaded with the 200g AB at 3100fps and let one fly. You could hear the wack of the bullet but the bull did not go down, he was just cresting over the ridge as I shot another right into his hams. This shot had sent him tumbling down the hill. Both bullets fully exited. I have not recovered any of these 200g AB's out of 4 elk shot. The first shot was indeed the killing shot, right behind the shoulders. The exit hole was 3x5", taking the liver out with it.

Great hunting adventure. Those accubonds just keep amazing me and it sounds like they're working good for you. They just may be the ultimate hunting bullet . Thanks for sharing and we LOVE pictures :grin:

I took this nice 20 inch wide blacktail buck at 250 yards with a 200 grain Accu-Bond from my 30'06. There is something sweet about taking a animal with a hand load. I am going to try to give yall some pics but I am not really sure how to do it. The first pic is the enterance, the second is exit.
qReW4EwiwT+fkNU4jsStXfb5Dcxlyn+J0060.jpg
xcvPJmPTzeCyBKVxl47rl5KX415tLS0J0060.jpg
Wkg4hmrapQqpAjPzlPK8-2AVl+MJJBdJ0060.jpg

Back