2014 Bullet Wish List

I would love a 250 AB for my 35 Newton... Pretty sure that would be SUPER in that big case.. That might just be everything I have ever wanted for the elk woods.. Something with a .500 BC or so would be just awesome.

ABLRs in .243, .257 and .338 all heavy for caliber.
220 or 225gr .323 NAB or ABLR.
6.5 140gr ABLR
277 160gr ABLR

Scott

SJB358":8qkq44kp said:
I would love a 250 AB for my 35 Newton... Pretty sure that would be SUPER in that big case.. That might just be everything I have ever wanted for the elk woods.. Something with a .500 BC or so would be just awesome.

...dammitt, Scotty, yer supposed to mention a 220gr. 8mm... :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:

wildgene":3hs287jt said:
SJB358":3hs287jt said:

...dammitt, Scotty, yer supposed to mention a 220gr. 8mm... :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Yup, them too.. I saw Mike already backed it though... :lol:

My wish list would include a full line of e-tips in all popular calibers for us west coast hunters who are likely to be faced with our state elected officials out lawing lead core bullets. California already did it. Oregon and Wa. legislatures have already attempted to do the same. I,m not sure the good guys can hold off the bad guys much longer. I think nosler would be wise to plan ahead for widespread bans on lead core bullets within the next five years. Please start with more e-tips for my favorite caliber. The .270 off course. I do not think I have any other wishes at this since time since nosler already created the 150 LRAB in .270.

hubcap":3k7y1uzl said:
My wish list would include a full line of e-tips in all popular calibers for us west coast hunters who are likely to be faced with our state elected officials out lawing lead core bullets. California already did it. Oregon and Wa. legislatures have already attempted to do the same. I,m not sure the good guys can hold off the bad guys much longer. I think nosler would be wise to plan ahead for widespread bans on lead core bullets within the next five years. Please start with more e-tips for my favorite caliber. The .270 off course. I do not think I have any other wishes at this since time since nosler already created the 150 LRAB in .270.

You are correct in this assessment. It is coming, we just don't know when. Those who can, hunt and work; those who can't, become politicians and attempt to regulate those who can.

hubcap":56txpdvc said:

Agree. This is going to become a real problem up and down the west coast. It's already headed that way.

I'm looking at my rather impressive stock of Partitions, Accubonds & Ballistic Tips, and wondering if there's any way I'm ever going to be able to use them all before it's illegal to hunt or shoot with lead bullets at all on the West Coast.

I've got a few boxes of Barnes TSX bullets that I set aside, long before the introduction of the E-Tip, just in case. But... I really ought to see about starting to switch my favorite hunting rifles over to a diet of E-Tips. Just in case.

One good thing I've noticed with the no-lead bullets is that they penetrate like crazy, even in the lighter weights. That's a good thing. At "normal" hunting ranges a lighter, faster, flatter shooting bullet that still penetrates right on through after expanding, can't be all bad.

Guy

Agree with ya Guy. I would have no problem at all trusting the E-tip. At this point I have managed to buy and shoot nosler AB,s,PT,s and BT,s. They are all fabulous bullets. However I do think it would be wise to gear up with E-tips. How about a long range E-tip. That would be cool. I think our bullet future is bright inspite of the likely eventual ban on lead.

sask boy":2i3c9ote said:
Well I would sure like to see:)
ABLR- 130gr. in 270
ABLR - 180gr. In 30 cal.

Blessings,
Dan

I second those, though the 190g ABLR will be getting a run in my 30-06 when I get some here. It could be a great all rounder on Aussie game I think.

Also, I would like to see Nosler develop a non bonded version of their LR bullets; ie a Ballistic Tip LR.

Its not too often I shoot game tough enough to need bonded bullets and for those occasions I would just as soon use a Partition, because generally scrub bulls and wild horses etc don't need to be sniped from long range.

With the news of the 26 Nosler leaking out early it is time to ask for a heavy 6.5mm bullet again. While there are many excellent bullets on the market an aerodynamic heavy bullet is lacking, my choice would be a 150 gr Bonded Solid Base boat tail. Such a bullet would be tough for sure and be similar in s.d. to a 7mm 175 gr bullet and would be excellent for big animals like moose. A Partition or AccuBond of that weight would be good as well. Of course Nosler probably is well ahead of us in thinking about this and will support their new round properly with well thought out loads unlike some of the new cartridge introductions of other companies. A 150 gr bullet going 3000 fps from a 264 WM or 3200 fps from the 26 Nosler is going to be a deep penetrating and light recoiling monster :)

Back