2016 Bullet Wish List

By all means a 115 gr .257 ABLR. (should add a football field or two to my .257 Roberts)
120 gr .277 Ballistic Tip (for .270 win on the small deer in my neighborhood)
55 gr AccuBond in .224 (for my .220 swift)
and..........bring me back some 162 gr Solid Base in 7mm.

Two 358 cal bullets, a flat or round nosed 200gr bonded for the 35rem. And a 215-225gr spitzer shaped bonded solid base for the 358win with deer in mind so make it very fast to expand. I really do not think this would take away from PT sales just offer a cheaper deer bullet. 358win and 350rems need spitzer shaped bullets the ABs just do not work in most rifles.

Note on the 35rem. It is easy to get 200gr bullets up to 2200 fps in 20" barrels with either H4895 or LVR denpending bullet design, so I feel that bullet weight is best. I can get a 180gr speer up to 2200 as well but the 200gr will has more BC and SD so I do not use the 180. Ten years ago there was just as much 35rem ammo on selves as 30-30 ammo and I bet the guns are still out there just waiting for bullets/ammo.

22 Hornet
221 Fire ball
223 Rem
270 Win
35 Rem
358 Win
35 Whelen

In light of another thread that got me thinking....

A high BC (~.300 G7, range verified) .284 caliber mono metal bullet that can be magazine fed from a Nosler rifle (3.425" mag box)...1,600 fps minimum expansion velocity.

I believe that to be possible at about 154 grains ... And would be one hell of a bullet.

I'd vote for a .416" 300-350gn AB. We don't need any more heavy bullets for the .416's, there are enough 400gn bullets as it is. What we need is a streamlined 300-350gn AB that can really bring out the best of the 416's. A 300-350AB would be great for us .416' shooters.

Welcome aboard, Aussie Steve. We have several of your mates posting here. Some good people that we've got to know. Welcome, again. Hope you get the bullet you're seeking. What you planning on shooting it in?

DrMike":39uym3mz said:
Welcome aboard, Aussie Steve. We have several of your mates posting here. Some good people that we've got to know. Welcome, again. Hope you get the bullet you're seeking. What you planning on shooting it in?

Thanks for the welcome DrMike. I'm looking forward to see who else is on here that I might know, and to connect with others from around the world.

The .416 is a .416 Taylor built on a Parker Hale action, I had a CZ 500 safari magnum classic in 416 Rigby, but I sold it because it was a bit heavy for me to be honest. I want the 416T for use as a short to mid range Samar thumper, something like a .338WM on steroids :grin: I was going to use the 340gn Woodleigh for deer, but I reckon a sleek 300gn bullet would be great for stretching it's legs, and if it's an AB then it will also hold up to the 15-20 yard shots.

My hunting partner recently built a 416 Taylor. We haven't worked up loads, yet. I agree with you that it will be a thumper for about anything. Yeah, I imagine it will take down a Sambar right smartly.

shoots_5":1crk8usu said:
How about a reshape of the custom comp line to mirror the ABLR? Higher BC, maybe even tip them like the new Sierra match kings. It would be awesome marketing if they could produce a bullet basically identical to the ABLR but in a match form not designed for hunting at a lower price point that a shooter could use for practice and then switch back to the ABLR for hunting season.

Great idea! Also interested in a LRAB lead free!

6mm 105 grain LRAB
6.5mm 100 grain E-tip
6.5mm 160 grain LRAB
7mm 120 grain E-tip

.338 ABLR
A supply of all existing ABLR bullets so I can try them. The 7mm 168 gr ABLR are awesome in my 7 RUM.

I figure with 2016 being just around the corner it might be a good time to bring this thread back to life. My list is a 35 caliber 250 AccuBond. And make enough bullets so that we can buy them when we need them.

desertcj":2lfl2l6k said:
shoots_5":2lfl2l6k said:
How about a reshape of the custom comp line to mirror the ABLR? Higher BC, maybe even tip them like the new Sierra match kings. It would be awesome marketing if they could produce a bullet basically identical to the ABLR but in a match form not designed for hunting at a lower price point that a shooter could use for practice and then switch back to the ABLR for hunting season.

Great idea! Also interested in a LRAB lead free!

6mm 105 grain LRAB
6.5mm 100 grain E-tip
6.5mm 160 grain LRAB
7mm 120 grain E-tip

This! Nosler are you listening?

95gr -105gr 6mm LRAB that you can keep on the shelves! Seriously, what are you doing? Can't keep up with demand for a product that is now being challenged by Hornady with the ELD-X? E-TIPS...6.5MM in 100gr, 7mm in 120 grain and/or 100gr. Oh yeah, frangible lead free bullets with advanced form factors like the LRAB!

I'll chime in. Would love some heavy 6.5s that have good BC, 156 or 160 AB or ABLR. Also a bigger etip, 140 would be grand but would take 130. Expand the 26N loadings to include the afore mentioned big 6.5 and also a screaming 120 e tip load. BTW it's coming up on its 3rd birthday so you can drop the prices please.

Back