2019 Hunting Pictures

Good job Sue! Looks like you caught her in the act of munching soybean.

I have a friend a bit north of you guys.. the deer made it look like a lawn more hit the field! Keep after them. They can really bounce back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations Sue on a fine doe :wink: she will make for some fine eating (y).
Thank you for the photo and post!

Blessings,
Dan

Rabbit #3 with the .270 Ingwe. #2 rabbit was a little torn up for pictures.
8P10x97.jpg

ghNyCYT.jpg

dTEof2n.jpg

Yesterday evening turned out great!
These two turned up at my feeder. I dropped the boar in its tracks and the young sow disappeared faster than the contents in my wallet on a payday.
In approx. 2-3 minutes she was back, calm as nothing had just happened.
/Jarre

Attachments

• 20190925.jpg
    20190925.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,635
I guess the young sow's hunger overwhelmed any sense of danger. Excellent harvest. Congratulations.

DrMike":d77zdgi6 said:
I guess the young sow's hunger overwhelmed any sense of danger. Excellent harvest. Congratulations.
Thanks!
They have been quite frequent visitors at the feeder station, but at very bad, from my point of view, times.
I was watching two mature sows with six piglets at the feeder, when these two spooked the older ones. Never seen that before. Older sows tend to be grumpy towards strange pigs...
The size of these is perfect for ending up on my plate. I think a good part of the meat eventually will end up in my Bradley smoker.
/Jarre

Skickat från min SM-A520F via Tapatalk

Jarre":2f33yfx0 said:
I think a good part of the meat eventually will end up in my Bradley smoker.
/Jarre

And that is exactly where it belongs! (y)

DrMike":2ce5e336 said:
Jarre":2ce5e336 said:
I think a good part of the meat eventually will end up in my Bradley smoker.
/Jarre

And that is exactly where it belongs! (y)

You're so spot on, DrMike [emoji106]

Skickat från min SM-A520F via Tapatalk

Shot this guy this morning at about 50yds with my muzzleloader.

Attachments

• 2019 antelope.jpg
    2019 antelope.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,589
Even though I build and shoot long range guns I really enjoy hunting with muzzleloaders and bows. I haven't bow hunted for quite a few years but that is mainly because I've been busy with work and have been going to AK in September for the past several years. We are trying to plan a elk bow hunt with a buddy from AK for next year.

It was kind of funny how the hunt went down for this antelope. We got down to the unit just after 8am and drove down the highway that is on the west side of the unit. After a couple miles you get out of the farm land but we kept driving until we had gone about 20 miles and decided that was far enough as we weren't seeing any antelope or water anywhere. So we cut east towards the middle of the unit. We went about 10 miles and hit a river bottom with farm ground. As I was slowing down to turn onto the farmland frontage road I spotted a group of antelope on the frontage road. It was this buck and about 6 does. He was pretty rutty and chasing one doe pretty heavy. So we drove towards them to see how close we could get. They ran up in a little draw out in the sage brush. We back tracked and got down wind and above them. I put a sneak on him and got into about 40yds but could only see his head. He was in a pretty steep cut. A few minutes later he starts moving away from me and I see the does head pop up out of the cut. She walked up out of the cut and stopped staring at me. Then she came a few more yards and the buck followed her stepping out of the cut just enough for me to see his whole body. He was quartering towards me and the 50yd shot went through his on side shoulder and continued through his lungs. It piled him up.

I did build my buddy and I two long range muzzleloaders for hunting in UT recently. Their rules are much more liberal then Idaho's. Scopes and any ignition are legal. That makes a 500+yd muzzleloaders fairly easy. They are built on Remington stainless single shot actions with Brux .458 barrels, Jewell triggers, McMillan Game Scout stocks, and one of my Super Beast brakes. The group I shot at 100yds with 100grs of Blackhorn 209 and 325gr Alco bullets. The upper left shot was the second shot through the gun and I didn't have a very good grip on the gun. Then I shot the next 3 rounds that are to the lower right. It jumps pretty good as the barrels are fairly light for such a big caliber. With a Nightforce NXS scope mine weighs 12lbs.

Attachments

• CQ's muzzleloader.jpg
    CQ's muzzleloader.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 2,566
  • New muzzleloader.jpg
    New muzzleloader.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 2,566
  • Muzzleloader group.jpg
    Muzzleloader group.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 2,566
Gave this little guy a dirt nap 2 days ago.

Attachments

• 2019 Bull.jpg
    2019 Bull.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 2,450
  • 2019 Bull 2.jpg
    2019 Bull 2.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 2,450
Back