2020 Hunting Pictures

NYDAN":127ii544 said:
That is a great looking buck. Congratulations. Is it an 8 point or a 10 point? I can't tell definitely from the photos. What bullet did you use? Dan
Thanks. 9 points. 180 tip at 3,080. Works great across the impact velocity spectrum.

JD338":2nlh3bkh said:
I shot an 8 pt with the 700 Classic 35 Whelen and a 250 gr PT dropping him in his tracks during the MI rifle season.
My wife shot a 6 pt with her Nosler M48 280AI and a 140 gr BT also DRT.

JD338
nice family portrait

JD338":wru8ghuc said:
Thanks fellas. Sue made a 100 yard shot hard quartering on now or never shot. She hit above the brisket and the 7mm 140 gr BT exited the armpit behind the the right leg. She broke the upper right leg bone/ shoulder ànd toasted the right lung. The buck jumped straight up in the air and ran tail down low and hard. He went into a swamp where we found him about 200 yards away. She made this shot in low light right at last legal shooting time. Thankfully her VX-6 2-12x42mm gave her the advantage she needed to make her shot count.
It took my buddy and I about 1.5 hours to get him out of the swamp and loaded up in the truck.
Well worth it!

JD338
Tell her congratulations and nice shooting!

Excellent pictures fellas! Way to go LH and Sue! Man, some great deer taken this fall!

Wow! Congratulations to Jim and Sue on a great season! You guys sure make those 280AIs of yours earn their keep!
V/R,
Joe

Had a good 2020. Got my first caribou on an AK adventure I really enjoyed, and filled my other tag for the year with a 172.5" gross whitetail. He was an old buck that wasn't real wide but had 40" of mass.

Heath bull.jpg
H buck 2020.jpg

You had a great season. Couple of excellent specimen. Congratulations.

It seems forever since I've been on here & miss a lot of info and stories that I used to enjoy daily. Great to see some of the same folks continuing the forum.

2020 was a pretty darn good season with a lot of firsts. Will only post the rifle harvests although my girlfriend harvested her first WhiteTail buck with a bow, and my son his first mule deer buck with a bow.

Girlfriends first Elk and first rifle harvest. Also my son's last elk tag as a youth and able to do it with my Dad present - 3 generations.

Attachments

• IMG_3902-2.jpg
    IMG_3902-2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,620
  • DSC00248.JPG
    DSC00248.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 3,620
Excellent. Looking forward to the pics of the bow success. Congrats to your GF and to your son.

Powerstroke":36yaju7z said:
It seems forever since I've been on here & miss a lot of info and stories that I used to enjoy daily. Great to see some of the same folks continuing the forum.

2020 was a pretty darn good season with a lot of firsts. Will only post the rifle harvests although my girlfriend harvested her first WhiteTail buck with a bow, and my son his first mule deer buck with a bow.

Girlfriends first Elk and first rifle harvest. Also my son's last elk tag as a youth and able to do it with my Dad present - 3 generations.

That’s awesome buddy. Good to see the post and the excellent year!

Mark,
Glad to see you back. You had a great season indeed. Congratulations to your girlfriend and son on their success.
Very cool that your dad was able to be there on the hunts as well.

JD338

Back