2024 Hunting Season

That is such an excellent report. And the smile on your daughter's face won't be wiped off easily. I suspect that the smile on your face was just as great! (y)

Congratulations to you and your daughter on your successful season. The smile on her face says it all. Awesome job!

JD338

Had a great season this year in Mississippi. Managed to take a 10, and 9 point, also a doe with my trusty 416 rem mag. Also another doe with the S&W model 29. But the best experience was my 7 year old daughter going with me and killing her first deer. That was the true highlight of my season honestly. Now I have to get her a dedicated first deer rifle for next year, because she definitely has the fever now lol. Luckily for her hunt we borrowed one of my brothers AR in 6.5 grendel and a bog pod death grip tripod. I have to admit that tripod was a pain in the butt to carry around, but completely worth it for her being able to shoot accurately 100% on her own with no help for me.
Congrats to you and your daughter on a very successful season👍

yeah she is still smiling about it 😂
Sweet, she'll be using that 416 before you know it! Lots of guys raving about the 22 cal 's these days on deer. Should be mild recoil for her. Congratulations on her deer and yours as well.

Sweet, she'll be using that 416 before you know it! Lots of guys raving about the 22 cal 's these days on deer. Should be mild recoil for her. Congratulations on her deer and yours as well.
Thanks! I’ve been going through some cartridges and rifle platforms for her to look at this summer. The adjustable stocks on the AR rifles make it a lot easier to get her LOP setup for sure. Still thinking about a bolt gun in a chassis also. I actually really like the little 6.5 Grendel cartridge the rifle we used though had a 16” barrel and I believe bullet performance suffered. When my nephews used it I recovered bullets that the tip just barely expanded or even folded over on 100 yard shots. My other brother has his son set up with same caliber, but a 20” barrel and the bullet performance I’ve seen between the two is unreal.

The 6.5 Grendel sounds about perfect.
Doubling up on the ear protection with plugs and muffs will go a long ways.

JD338

Not sure if this company is still around.

Nathan shot this hog with the 350 legend at about 125 yards. Using the night vision scope. One shot to the neck and it went down hard. He had a big time. Rough guesstimate of 275-300 lb sow.

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpeg
    IMG_0689.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0690.jpeg
    IMG_0690.jpeg
    664.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0686.jpeg
    IMG_0686.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0700.jpeg
    IMG_0700.jpeg
    729.2 KB · Views: 15
Congratulations, Nathan! That is a fine porker that you tagged. You did well, and no doubt you made everyone proud.

Congratulations Nathan! Excellent shooting and a big hog. And I tip my hat to the guide. A proud papa moment. Nicely done fellas.

JD338

Back