2024 Hunting Season

My daughter and I went pronghorn hunting yesterday and had a wonderful hunt. We both drew our first tags this year and were able to harvest both bucks yesterday. We used my 6.5 PRC with 140 grain AB bullets, they performed great. Will never forget this hunt!

Attachments

• ant 2.jpg
    ant 2.jpg
    831.7 KB · Views: 28
  • ant 3.jpg
    ant 3.jpg
    840.5 KB · Views: 28
  • antelop. 1.jpg
    antelop. 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Congratulations to both you you. That was an excellent hunt with two nice antelope bucks.
Nicely done.

JD338

Congratulations on your successful hunt. Those look like very nice bucks. Your daughter looks very happy.

My daughter and I went pronghorn hunting yesterday and had a wonderful hunt. We both drew our first tags this year and were able to harvest both bucks yesterday. We used my 6.5 PRC with 140 grain AB bullets, they performed great. Will never forget this hunt!
A proud Dad I see.
Nice pair of bucks👍

A fine pair of dandy bucks! Congrats to you both on the father/daughter hunt and memories to be shared for many years to come, and some delicious meals too!

Those are some fine looking Bucks! Officially jealous of the time spent with your daughter! You did better than me, on that front too! CL

Well I saw the bull, just a good rag horn but by the time I found my phone I couldn’t find him. On the neighbors place by 25 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_9083.jpeg
    IMG_9083.jpeg
    583.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9076.jpeg
    IMG_9076.jpeg
    566.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9079.jpeg
    IMG_9079.jpeg
    550.8 KB · Views: 12
three of us went on a moose hunt to Newfound land . we were at camp with another group of five . the other group live about an hour away from me . it's small world , we drove about 1800 miles to meet a neighbor . LOL five of the camp hunted moose , three hunted caribou . my group of three were all successful on moose . the other group got a very nice moose , and a very nice caribou . three of these guys were not successful filling their tags . no opportunity, didn't see an animal . the big bulls are with cows and the small bulls are reluctant to come in . they talked about the moose , just like we talk about our turkey being hened up .

from the other group ;

Henry shot a nice bull moose . Henry bull  no face .jpg

Craig shot a nice caribou. craig caribou.jpg

my group ;

Sue shot a 5 point. sue bull .jpg

Will shot a five point .Will bull resized.jpg

I shot a small four point . my bull resized.jpg

three of us went on a moose hunt to Newfound land . we were at camp with another group of five . the other group live about an hour away from me . it's small world , we drove about 1800 miles to meet a neighbor . LOL five of the camp hunted moose , three hunted caribou . my group of three were all successful on moose . the other group got a very nice moose , and a very nice caribou . three of these guys were not successful filling their tags . no opportunity, didn't see an animal . the big bulls are with cows and the small bulls are reluctant to come in . they talked about the moose , just like we talk about our turkey being hened up .

from the other group ;

Henry shot a nice bull moose . View attachment 23872

Craig shot a nice caribou. View attachment 23873

my group ;

Sue shot a 5 point. View attachment 23874

Will shot a five point .View attachment 23876

I shot a small four point . View attachment 23877
Newfoundland was one of my favorite hunts I have gone on. I hunted Greys River West with Joe Peddle in the 80s. The guides were not happy until all tags were filled and gave 110%
Three of us went and we all got a moose and my uncle killed a caribou. Had I known woodland caribou would be 12k and better today , I would have paid the $1000 fee to kill a caribou too…. Lol
Hindsight is 20/20

Moose is my second favorite game, dall sheep is for me the best. But you have some good eats right there.

Jim, congratulations on your successful moose hunt. You definitely have a freezer full of fine dining. Newfoundland is some beautiful country.

JD338

Back