2024 Hunting Season

Did a 10 day moose hunt in Northern BC with my Brother and Brother in-law. We managed to connect with this beautiful bull on morning of day 9.

AXR2tdk.jpg

5ynJWj3.jpg

AeCNHb3.jpg

three of us went on a moose hunt to Newfound land . we were at camp with another group of five . the other group live about an hour away from me . it's small world , we drove about 1800 miles to meet a neighbor . LOL five of the camp hunted moose , three hunted caribou . my group of three were all successful on moose . the other group got a very nice moose , and a very nice caribou . three of these guys were not successful filling their tags . no opportunity, didn't see an animal . the big bulls are with cows and the small bulls are reluctant to come in . they talked about the moose , just like we talk about our turkey being hened up .

from the other group ;

Henry shot a nice bull moose . View attachment 23872

Craig shot a nice caribou. View attachment 23873

my group ;

Sue shot a 5 point. View attachment 23874

Will shot a five point .View attachment 23876

I shot a small four point . View attachment 23877
Awesome trip congratulations!

Did a 10 day moose hunt in Northern BC with my Brother and Brother in-law. We managed to connect with this beautiful bull on morning of day 9.

AXR2tdk.jpg

5ynJWj3.jpg

AeCNHb3.jpg
Beautiful bull congratulations! The 8x57 and 8mm-06 strike again.

IMG_20241008_071234.jpg
Some of you may remember that my wife and I moved this last spring from the Skeena valley down to the southern interior near Shuswap lake. We are able to get a shared moose draw near our new home.

A new friend from church took me to a place where there are quite a few moose and we were able to call this guy in just before dark. We were calling and he was answering back for about 45 minutes but with darkness coming we had to get right down in there where he was with his cow. This is my biggest moose so far and is 52.5" wide. I used my 6.8 Western with 170 gr Ballistic Tips we couldn't find the bullet in the neck area but in the dark didn't look too hard either. When I'm done the butchering hopefully we'll find a bullet. The 170 gr Ballistic Tip worked fine obviously though.

We were surprised when we walked up to him, he had a huge body too. Didn't get home until 2:00 am, we had another friend come out and help get him out which was awesome. I look forward to helping out both of these amazing guys in the future!

Last edited:
OUTSTANDING! :) Great bull Gerry and I suspect that your freezer is quite full of good moose meat.

Guy

View attachment 23892
Some of you may remember that my wife and I moved this last spring from the Skeena valley down to the southern interior near Shuswap lake. We are able to get a shared moose draw near our new home.

A new friend from church took me to a place where there are quite a few moose and we were able to call this guy in just before dark. We were calling and he was answering back for about 45 minutes but with darkness coming we had to get right down in there where he was with his cow. This is my biggest moose so far and is 52.5" wide. I used my 6.8 Western with 170 gr Ballistic Tips we couldn't find the bullet in the neck area but in the dark didn't look too hard either. When I'm done the butchering hopefully we'll find a bullet. The 170 gr Ballistic Tip worked fine obviously though.

We were surprised when we walked up to him, he had a huge body too. Didn't get home until 2:00 am, we had another friend come out and help get him out which was awesome. I look forward to helping out both of these amazing guys in the future!

Way to go, Jerry. Congratulations on taking your best bull to date. You used a custom rifle and custom reloads to great success.

Gerry,
Congratulations on your beautiful bull. You definitely have some great friends.

JD338

Back