224 Valkyrie

DrHensley

Beginner
Mar 24, 2019
Is anyone loading for the valkyrie, just wondering what kind of luck your having?
only been able to make it out twice and so far the 77gr Nosler are working in my PSA 20" bbl, but haven't been able to get to work a load for my 22" BCA wanting to try the 85gr
Nosler RDF. any input would be appreciated.

I’ve run most of the factory loadings through mine. The 88 ELD and the Hornady Black 75 Gr BTHP we’re very good to excellent in mine thus far. I’ve only run them to roughly 500 though so far. The 88 factory load is really good in mine at that distance although the 75s were no slouch. Mines a 1-7.
I currently have some 80 gr ELDM loaded second time 27.1 CFE223. 88s w 25.4. CCI BR4 by the way. Loaded just under mag length. I’ll get some velocities from this batch as the brass is formed nicely.
If I can get a day it’s not blowing 30 mph, snowing or pouring rain that is. :grin: Don’t mind the weather normally but when I’m trying to work up loads crazy weather won’t work.
Also have some to finalize in the Grendel if I get the opportunity.

I've been using 2000mr with some luck, but like you say the weather has a lot to do with keeping me from the range, haven't got to stretch there leg's my local range is only 200yrd's.

I’ve done pretty well with RL17 and 75 ELDs in my PSA 224. Mines also a 1-7” gun.

My initial first two groups from the gun.

I am looking at using Leverevolution the next go around to see what happens.

It was at a 100 yards.

Pretty sure it’ll be better since I put a better trigger in the gun. May try to load some stuff up today and see what happens.

I really like the cartridge. Fun to shoot and flinging fairly heavy 224 bullets is fun too.

Dwh7271":3sm7a3c4 said:
I really like the cartridge. Fun to shoot and flinging fairly heavy 224 bullets is fun too.

Heck yes it is. Great times we live in.

I am currently running the 70 grain RDF with 28.5 grains of CFE223. Average velocity is 3,110 ft/s, SD is low and accuracy is good out to 800 yards. The barrel is a 22" BCA, 7 twist and rounds are loaded to 1.777" CBTO which is about 2.230" COAL.

One of mine is the same 22"BAC just loaded up some 70gr RDF last night only I used the 2000mr
at 26.5 can't wait to try them.

Back