25-06 ETips and RL 26

AFG270

Handloader
Aug 26, 2013
It took some work but finally got the ETips to shoot in my Model 70, once they were .115" off the lands. Big Thank You to Scotty for the help.

The velocity was 3346 fps average over my Magneto Speed, when I was working up. Now I just need to repeat and check the speed again.

IMG_0441_zpsc9dnmu7h.jpg

fcd46017-ac51-4c9a-9713-7687e7825483_zpsjq26tccf.jpg

Nice! Kind of amazing what messing with the seating depth will do isn't it?

That ought to be one heck of a load!

Guy

I have found surprising accuracy with the E-Tip in a variety of cartridges. Seating depth is critical to finding the accuracy load we all want. Looks as if you have found it. That'll do!

DrMike":nmkwck2j said:
I have found surprising accuracy with the E-Tip in a variety of cartridges. Seating depth is critical to finding the accuracy load we all want. Looks as if you have found it. That'll do!

Up until the ABLRs I thought it was magic. Work up a decent powder charge and then methodically adjust the seating depth and I could usually get them all to shoot decent. The danged ABLR's made me eat a little crow.

Same has been working for the Scirocco and the plain old AB, tweak out the seating depth and it usually isn't too hard to make it come together.

It sure is amazing what seat a fraction of an inch in seating depth can do to accuracy. Thanks for the replies.

Back