.277 Accubond, E-tip bullet confusion

Buddy

Beginner
Jun 21, 2006
I found a partially used box of bullets that has "270" marked over 7mm 160 E-tip box. I measured one with a caliper and it came out at .277 inch, it has a OD green tip. I looked it up in the comparison page on here and it shows it as being an E-tip bullet. I have an unused box of 130 grain, .277 dia. E-tips that I won as a door prize and they are all white tipped. I just got one box of Accubonds for my .270 Win from Cabela's, they are all white tipped too. Did I somehow get AccuBond bullets in a E-tip box?

nvbroncrider said:
Measure the overall length of the bullets and weigh them. That's your best bet to identify them.

OK, someone switched the bullets between the boxes. :eek: Thanks!

Man! Thank God you checked them out.

I know a guy who loaded and fired (once) a 140 6.5mm Sierra in his 25-06 thinking it was a 117 Sierra BT.

FOTIS":qeoednjx said:
Man! Thank God you checked them out.

I know a guy who loaded and fired (once) a 140 6.5mm Sierra in his 25-06 thinking it was a 117 Sierra BT.

That had to be exciting! Did he bulge the chamber?

Nope it was a SAKO! :wink:

Action held up just fine just broke the magazine!

Buddy

The White tipped bullets are Accubonds and the Olive Drab tipped bullets are E-Tips.
Just remember to use the mid load data as your MAX load with the E-Tips. They have a longer bearing surface and pressure spikes quickly.

JD338

Back