.280 A.I. VS 30-06

Dave,I have 06, 06AI, .280 and 7mm RM, So I also have that niche well covered :grin: :grin:

Let's see. 7X57, .284 Winchester, two .280 Remingtons, 7mm WSM, 7mm Remington Magnum..

Yup! Got the sevens pretty well covered.

Try again. .30-06 Springfield, .300 WSM, two .307 Winchesters...

'Kay, I'm good.

I've always had a prejudice against the 7s.... no idea why.

I've got the .30s well represented... the 7-08 is likely the start of something wonderful with the 7s though. Although the .280 will bring nothing to the table my .270 or .308 doesn't as well....I still want one.

Writer Layne Simpson once said...If the difference between the 2 can be made into TNT and stuffed into the nose of a gopher, it would do a poor job of blowing it up. Lol

Well said Fotis.

Vince the 06 will do fine as will the 280AI it's personal preference. If you want something new and different go the 280AI if not go the 06.

However the 280AI will fill that hole you have between your 6.5-284 and 06. It's a really slick cartridge.

Remember that DMW Bell had cojones the size of brass canon balls! He killed 1500 elephants with the .285 Rigby (7MM Mauser) and the 6.5 MS. Not something most of us should try more than once?

Brass canon balls?
Darn it ! Mine are only lead and have relocated to thy arse. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Oldtrader3":2rpcbgh7 said:
Mine are steel but I only have one. Lost the other to cancer.
I'm assuming you're half a steal then aye mate? :)

True Charlie, but opportunities for perfect Head shots were abundant then and game was insane in numbers. Today chances are you will be charged before you know it or see it.

This is true. Elephants now are trained by poachers before they are grown. Plus, they just ended legal elephant hunting in several countries. So now, you have to run fast or beat them with a stick!

Well my quandary is over.
I canceled the rifle to pay our portion of the wife's shoulder surgery.
She had one in December and has to go back under. :(
Besides, I really couldn't justify two 30-06 rifles. If I have any money left over I'll look at getting a McMillan stock for the model 70, .338 Win Mag.

Vince

Sorry to hear about your wife's requirement for surgery, Vince. I do wish her all the best and pray for a speedy recovery for her.

She had shoulder surgery and it looks like she'll be going back for the second cutting. We were in hopes that she wouldn't need the second surgery.

Thank you.
We'll just keep plugging along.
nvbroncrider":3iq17lg5 said:
That's too bad buddy. Hope the best for your wife

DrMike":3iq17lg5 said:
Sorry to hear about your wife's requirement for surgery, Vince. I do wish her all the best and pray for a speedy recovery for her.

Oldtrader3":3iq17lg5 said:
Sorry to hear about your wife needing surgery?

6mm Remington":3iq17lg5 said:
Sorry to hear that Vince. That's tough financially and emotionally on your wife. I wish her the best.

My wife is having surgery again soon too. She had a hip replacement in January and needs another one already.

Oldtrader3":2scdproc said:
My wife is having surgery again soon too. She had a hip replacement in January and needs another one already.
Opposite hip I hope.
I pray she heals well and without complications.

Back