280 AI

old #7

Handloader
Sep 9, 2006
How is the rifle coming along.
Will the Nosler rifles be named after the year they are made or the edition number?

The Nosler rifles are coming along nicely. We have named them based on the series not by the year. For example the series one is the 300 wsm and series two is the 280AI. I do not know what the series three rifle will be. It is going to be announced at the Safari Club show.

I have a 300 WSM on order now. Kyle said the 280 AI in my S/N range is 9 - 12 months away. Hope that helps. RGR

The 280AI rifle will be shipping in April. We anticipate producing 30-50 rifles a month. That is of course provided that everything goes according to plan.

Nosler,
Come on, spill the beans on why the rifle is taking so long.
It has been coming along nicely for almost a year but, none have been produced yet.

What we have run into is an issue with the manufacturer of our bolt bodies. They are running behind and did not bother to inform us of that until last month. Unfotunately you cannot produce a bolt gun without the bolt body. They have promised that we will start seing delivery of product immediately......................what ever immediately means. :?

Everything else is in house and ready to go. Stocks have been finished and barrels are on actions, but we can't headspace and test without the bolt. On the bright side, the stocks look amazing. :grin:

Back