280AI Rebuild

You are well on your way. When my 280AI was picked up from the gunsmith, he said it would take up to 200 rounds to bring out the true potential and he was right. She shoots lights out.
It's only going to get better.

JD338
When I got my 25-06 back from PacNor I was a bit disappointed a first, now a few hundred rounds later it shoots almost everything well.

You are well on your way. When my 280AI was picked up from the gunsmith, he said it would take up to 200 rounds to bring out the true potential and he was right. She shoots lights out.
It's only going to get better.

JD338
When I got my 25-06 back from PacNor I was a bit disappointed a first, now a few hundred rounds later it shoots almost everything well.
I've seen how both of those rifles shoot now so that's even more comforting. How often did you clean during that break in period?

I've seen how both of those rifles shoot now so that's even more comforting. How often did you clean during that break in period?
I ran 20 ff rounds through it at his shop. Cleaned it when I got home. Groups continued to get smaller. My gunsmith suggested I try Magnum primers and she started to shoot bug holes.

JD338

I clean new barrels each time they been out wether 5 rounds or 20. When they clean up with just couple of patches with BoreTech then I’ll move out to 50 rounds.

Federals Trophy Copper loads use E-tips that they add relief groves to. You may have a rifle that loves E-tips. Very, very nice rifle you’ve built. Certainly to be proud of.

Back