280AI Rebuild

If that Nosler ammo shoots well and you take a few animals with it, it may find you already have a winner!
That is of course until you take a few elk with those 160 gr ABs! ;)

I took it to the range on Sunday and found that it had good potential. It didn't initially like the 140gr AB that I had for it, but groups started to tighten up as the barrel broke in, I think. After I was done wasting the expensive ammo, I shot some 280 Rem trophy copper I had in the bag (the bottom left group). All groups are labeled if anyone is interested in it. Yes they're all over the board, I apologize.

IMG-8566.jpg
0.jpg

Nice, seems the last left bottom group did much better. I'm sure once you get those brass fireformed, you will see those groups tighten up once you start reloading.
What your plan?

Nice, seems the last left bottom group did much better. I'm sure once you get those brass fireformed, you will see those groups tighten up once you start reloading.
What your plan?
Going to load for it when I get my press set up in the next few weeks. Like I said, it shows a lot of potential. Hopefully it drives tacks when load development is over with.

I like to get 50 rounds in a new barrel as it will likely speed up. Then get serious with load work up.

You are well on your way. When my 280AI was picked up from the gunsmith, he said it would take up to 200 rounds to bring out the true potential and he was right. She shoots lights out.
It's only going to get better.

JD338

Back