3 Cartridge Battery?

Fotis

I have had the opportunity to hunt on four continents, Africa being one, and I have never needed anything more than the 6.5 Swede, 300 H & H and the 375 H & H. Bullets: Woodleigh, Northfork, Swift and Norma most often

Best Regards

Jamila

Africa Huntress":xuuxsz70 said:
Fotis

I have had the opportunity to hunt on four continents, Africa being one, and I have never needed anything more than the 6.5 Swede, 300 H & H and the 375 H & H. Bullets: Woodleigh, Northfork, Swift and Norma most often

Best Regards

Jamila
Jamila,

Best battery yet.
The battery of a sensible and sound hunter or huntress. I wish I was as sensible.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

ONLY THREE........WHY???!!!

OK, I'll play.....Something old, something new and something blue(black and blue)

244 Mashburn or 257 Roberts AI

28 Nosler

338x375 Ruger or 338x26Nosler
Might have to bump it up to a 375Ruger if I'm going to the "Dark Continent"

Scott

Good first post 7stw! Welcome aboard - and I like all three of those cartridges you've posted up... (y)

Regards, Guy

While waiting for a flight I was rereading this thread and was surprised that only three out of 107 posts, selected the 300 H & H as a mid level caliber. I was also laughing at myself a little that in being probably the youngest poster on this thread that I was one of the three that choose such an old caliber.

I did notice that many of you like her larger sister the 375 H & H however, as do I

Best Regards

Jamila

Factory loads only:
30-06
338 Win Mag
375 H&H

With handloads:
(270/280/30-06 take your pick)
35 Whelen AI
375 Weatherby

Ain't this fun? :)

My current 3 cartridge battery consists of:

.223 Remington

.308 Winchester

.30-06 Springfield.

If I were to choose a 3 cartridge battery based on what I wish for, it would be something like:

.375 H&H

.25-06

.223 Remington

Man, it's hard to nail down 3, once you start thinking about it :/

If Africa wasn't on the list, I would substitute the .375 for something in the .338 family.

Big game calibers only?

A .270 caliber
A.300 mag. of some flavor
And the mighty .340 Wby.

Enough said (grins)

375 RUM
300 RUM
( I never thought I'd say this one) 30-06 (Kimber Mountain Ascent 180 gr AccuBond at 3005 fps.) I've killed 4 elk with it because by day 3 of carrying the RUMs it's light weight is nice to carry so it's what I have with me the rest of the hunt.

If i could only choose 3, hmmmm....
.257wby mag.
.300 rum.
.375h+h mag. (y)
Tomorrow it will probably change...too many fun calibers out there. :lol:

I pondered this again yesterday.

25-06
30-06
375 Ruger

There are a multitude of combinations that will fill the void but a lot of it is going to depend on where one hunts, game hunted, and perceived tolerance for recoil. I was thinking of adding a .35 Whelen and doing a 25-06, 30-06, .35 Whelen combo for keeping with the '06 theme. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Vince, I have been rethinking this as well & like you the 06 theme is maybe the way to go :mrgreen:!
I am really thinking of doing a 25 cal and getting rid of my 270win so here is what I am looking at (y) 6.5-06 then my 280AI & for the bigger stuff my 35 Whelen :lol: now I know the 270win is the sister of 06 so I may keep the 270win and looking to lighten the bullet maybe using something between 90gr. & 115gr.

Blessings,
Dan

Back