700 moutain rifle really good deal I think

nitis

Handloader
Dec 20, 2008
It is so hard to pass this up even though I dont really want or need it.

700 mountain rifle the original blued and walnut stock in 30.06 for 400 bucks!

its not in mint condition but I feel this is pretty tough to pass on. I have a little gun money that I was wanting to put towrds an AR but I can get away from this.

If I had $400 and that opportunity, I'd be $400 into a 30-06 Mountain rifle before you could finish typing this reply to my post. Do it. If you don't like it, you can easily sell it for what you've got in it. Or rebarrel it into something interesting to you.

$400? 30-06 Mountain Rifle? I'd be on that like a chicken on a june bug. Even if it doesn't shoot, the addition of a new barrel can transform the rifle into something that you might want to play with.

Heck, ship it to me... I'll give you an extra $50 over what you have into it! I love the old school Mountain Rifles. As long as it's not a DM.

well fortunately for my stash the gun sold today I know somefay I am gunna kick myself but I want other things at the moment

i picked one up at a pawn shop for the same price in 280 rem and damn is she a shooter. older model but i really didnt care will make a great rifle for one of my boys soon

str8meat":sdzyrin2 said:
i picked one up at a pawn shop for the same price in 280 rem and damn is she a shooter. older model but i really didnt care will make a great rifle for one of my boys soon

I'd rather have the older model anyway... it started out as an ideal weapon for hilly terrain, and Remington kept changing it for the worse... first a DM, then throwing it into a laminate stock that screwed up the balance. I am going to pick up a couple of the later models, but they will be going into McMillan EDGE stocks (a Mountain Rifle pattern, and a KS pattern). I'll probably open up the barrel channel in the OE stocks and drop a barreled action with a bit of a heavier contour to help balance things out. Maybe a .25-06.

Good find! It makes for a great donar action.

JD338

Back