7mm 150 gr PT

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
7mm 150 gr PT shot from my 280 AI at a MV of 3015 fps (61.0 grs RL 22) and recovered in the 6th jug at 100 yds.
Recovered weight 101.7 grs, expanded to .678".
7mm150grPT3115fps004.jpg

7mm150grPT3115fps001.jpg

7mm150grPT3115fps003.jpg

7mm150grPT3115fps002.jpg

JD338

That is a textbook example of what a bullet should look like, Jim.

That certainly is excellent performance, should work well on animals from deer to moose.

ajvigs":1bn3oyjq said:
Do you think the PTs (I have some of the 160's) would work well in a 7mm WSM?
Made to order.
You would cover everything from mice to moose.

JD338

ajvigs":i7e7mvy4 said:

I have been using 160 grain 7mm Mag Partitions since 1963 and have had 100%, one shot kills on deer from 40 to 400 yards! I do not know how many deer this entails because my main deer rifle is a .270 Win. I mostly use the 7mm Mag for mountain hunting when I know that the ranges will be longer but I would guess that I have killed 40 or more deer with the 7mm Mag.

160 grain bullets is a preferred bullet in my 7WSM. I generally use heavier 175 grain bullets in my 7RM. I've shot a ton of game with that rifle loaded with 175 grain Partitions and 175 grain TBBC.

DrMike":3tz8xnza said:
ajvigs":3tz8xnza said:

Yup! They would work just fine.

Listen to this guy AJ. He has been shooting game since they came back off the Ark..... :lol:

Man, I nearly spit my coffee all over the screen. I wasn't on the ark, Noah is my grandson. :mrgreen:

DrMike":x457gbuc said:
Man, I nearly spit my coffee all over the screen. I wasn't on the ark, Noah is my grandson. :mrgreen:

That must have been back in the day when Jesus was a Corporal! :grin:

Good one, Scotty. :grin: I have managed to pull the trigger on a few rifles, I do confess. There, I feel so much better getting that off my chest. :grin:

Jeez, DrMike and you are younger than I am by 5 years1 These kids need to be put in their place on respecting their elders!

Oldtrader3":1555b8jm said:
Jeez, DrMike and you are younger than I am by 5 years1 These kids need to be put in their place on respecting their elders!

Man, there is no teaching some of these younguns, Charlie. You can always tell a Marine, but you can't tell him much.

JD 338, great bullet test of the justly famous Partition.

I dunno where all these old guys come from... :grin: Was it Mike or OT3 who first tested the crossbow bolt? Noah's grandfather indeed! :mrgreen:

Guy

Guy Miner":djjpkh76 said:
JD 338, great bullet test of the justly famous Partition.

I dunno where all these old guys come from... :grin: Was it Mike or OT3 who first tested the crossbow bolt? Noah's grandfather indeed! :mrgreen:

Guy

Man, I'm getting the full treatment! Et tu, Guy? :grin: Consequently, we didn't test the crossbow bolt, I was too busy whittling atlatl for furry critters.

Back