99 grain Hammer Hunters

seokladuckin

Beginner
Mar 21, 2021
Wife killed a big doe 225 yards with 6.5 Creedmoor, 99 hammer hunters .

All I can say is very impressed, violent wound channel. Lungs were jelly , great exit hole , instant blood trail , deer ran maybe 40 yards with double lung shot. Deer was squared up 90 degrees

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I am also extremely impressed with the hammer hunter bullets. I have found them to be very easy to get great accuracy.

I’m running the 124gr hammer hunter in my 6.5PRC. 4 animals taken this year. Text book terminal performance and quick kills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebear_78":3mph0hrn said:
I am also extremely impressed with the hammer hunter bullets. I have found them to be very easy to get great accuracy.

I’m running the 124gr hammer hunter in my 6.5PRC. 4 animals taken this year. Text book terminal performance and quick kills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only reason I tried them was I couldn't get Nosler 100 grain BT .

I may not go back as these shoot extremely well and terminal performance is off the chart.

But they are costly.

I may have to try them in 6.5 - 284

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

So far I have a few rifles shooting them real well, the 270 Win with the 124 HH, 7 Mashburn with the 172 AH, and the 300 RUM with 189 HH’s. Accuracy has been pretty good across the board. Speeds are crazy, compared to similar weight lead core bullets or even Barnes. The 172 AH is about 100+ faster than a similar load using the 175 ABLR. The 270 Win is flat amazing. The RUM kinda settled about where a 190 class bullet would in that case. Overall I’m very happy, just need to put some on a hunt.

So far I have a few rifles shooting them real well, the 270 Win with the 124 HH, 7 Mashburn with the 172 AH, and the 300 RUM with 189 HH’s. Accuracy has been pretty good across the board. Speeds are crazy, compared to similar weight lead core bullets or even Barnes. The 172 AH is about 100+ faster than a similar load using the 175 ABLR. The 270 Win is flat amazing. The RUM kinda settled about where a 190 class bullet would in that case. Overall I’m very happy, just need to put some on a hunt.
You will not be disappointed.

I have a box of 124 hh’s in 6.5 I can’t use with my barrel twist . Anyone interested? $110

Back