A good read

A good read, indeed. Those that are not committed to the Christian Faith are in for a difficult time. Those that are only casually committed to the Faith once delivered to the saints will be compelled to make a choice. Those who are born from above will stand firm, knowing that their hope is not fixed in man or in the institutions of mankind. The old Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times," appears to be coming to fruition in this day.

It is hard to believe what has happened to civilization in the past 3 1/2 years world wide.

We're not going to be eradicated...

God's people turned from Him time after time, and were punished for it every time... but also, when they realized He was the one true God, and changed their ways, He restored them.... every time... keeping His promise to Abraham, Issac, and Jacob... this went on for a loooooong time.... over and over again like a broken record throughout the Old Testament.

He does not lie, He does not break promises.

As humans, we sin... we all do... me, you, David, Solomon, all the kings, even the good ones... but He forgives, all we have to do is ask and walk in His ways.

The only sin that isn't forgiven is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit... and that is because that is in itself not asking for His forgiveness.

Don't let yourself be deceived by this world, don't let the trials of this world keep you from His promise.

When times get hard, bear down in your faith, and hold on until the Promise comes.

Read the book of Job... man he had it rough, all to prove a point...sort of a bet between God and Satan....Satan said he could turn him if God stopped protecting him, but kinda like that old Charlie Daniels song ole Satan lost... be like Job... no matter how bad it gets, keep believing in Him and the Promise will be kept.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Last edited:
To add to that...

I'm not seeing Christianity shrinking, it is heavily under attack, but I'm not really buying that its shrinking.

I've been going to a sort of new church for a year or so now, my son knows the pastor and his Dad and sis, they started the church 8 years ago from nothing... in that 8 years they've had to move to a bigger building 3 times.... its up to about 200 people in house and 1,000 watching online on a good Sunday turnout... that seems like pretty good growth to me, but I grew up in a small mountain church in the hills where 32 people was a full house.

In some ways I miss the small mountain church, and the old hymns, even the outhouse.... but seeing all the new people, young people, coming to hear the Word at the new church, with new music, is heartwarming too.

The new music is growing on me, a little... but that young preacher (38 years old I think) is one of the very best I've ever heard, and he preaches the Word as it is written.

I hope everyone has a happy Easter... always remember all that He endured for us, and that even death couldn't hold Him down.

Last edited:
I don't know if Christianity is growing, shrinking, or staying the same, I don't think God intended me to know or worry about such a thing, but what I have found heartening all the same in the midst of trying times is that I am seeing people who once had no conviction come face to face with evil, and as a result they realized that this world could not have any good in it if there was not some source of that good. I've seen people come to the realization that God's love must be true, because the good in the world could not possibly come from what men of this world have to offer. Richard Wurmbrand said that the biggest mistake the Devil can make is persecuting God's people. I think I am seeing what he meant when he said that.

Back