Accubonds

Europe":a1dmhx5g said:
c. schutte":a1dmhx5g said:
Hey Slick,

I think the best answer I could give is.....................

Don't feed the trolls............................

+ 1

charles, if you get a chance come by the lodge later and I will buy you a scotch and we can talk about our plan for getting a 30-06 for Scotty and a 30-30 for Dr Mike

April! Surely you aren't plotting mayhem of some ballistic sort, are you?

Drats, this could get rough on an old guy such as me. I'll be sure to take my Geritol for the next few days. Hopefully, that will assist in weathering mayhem and such (I hope).

Hey tnarb,
Nice to hear from another Hoosier hunter! I'm using the 200 grain AccuBond in my 358 Hoosier. But now that we can use 6mm and .30 cal rifles, I'm using the 95 grain Ballistic Tip in my 243 for the farm field I hunt.
Good luck on Saturday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europe":2k6kgnl9 said:
c. schutte":2k6kgnl9 said:
Hey Slick,

+ 1

charles, if you get a chance come by the lodge later and I will buy you a scotch and we can talk about our plan for getting a 30-06 for Scotty and a 30-30 for Dr Mike

Aren't they about the same thing? What do you use them for? :lol:

SJB358":31j82zcr said:
Europe":31j82zcr said:
c. schutte":31j82zcr said:
Hey Slick,

+ 1

Aren't they about the same thing? What do you use them for? :lol:

Touché. Well played, Marine. :mrgreen:

mwess1113":1obo9939 said:
Hey tnarb,
Nice to hear from another Hoosier hunter! I'm using the 200 grain AccuBond in my 358 Hoosier. But now that we can use 6mm and .30 cal rifles, I'm using the 95 grain Ballistic Tip in my 243 for the farm field I hunt.
Good luck on Saturday!!!

Hey, absolutely good to hear from another Hoosier. Also have a 358, that I used Accubonds in my loads. I have taken three nice bear with it, the last was with 200 grain Accubonds.

The guys who was reloading for me, we just went our separate ways. Do you have any load data you could pass along? Also he kept the dies, though we split the cost and he refuses to pay me for the half, so I am in need of dies as well. Any where in the state to purchase dies? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

tnarb":3mg4lupo said:
mwess1113":3mg4lupo said:
Hey tnarb,
Good luck on Saturday!!!

Hey, absolutely good to hear from another Hoosier. Also have a 358, that I used Accubonds in my loads. I have taken three nice bear with it, the last was with 200 grain Accubonds.

The guys who was reloading for me, we just went our separate ways. Do you have any load data you could pass along? Also he kept the dies, though we split the cost and he refuses to pay me for the half, so I am in need of dies as well. Any where in the state to purchase dies? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Sent you a message

Took my son on a hunt last Thursday. The rut was in full swing and we had an opportunity on a nice buck. He's using a model 99 in 300 savage with Federal ammo, 150 grain power*shok. Standard cup & Core. Muzzle velocity is approximately 2630 fps and the shot on this buck was approximately 70 yards broadside. Cole put the bullet on the shoulder. We did not lose the buck, he tried to run but could not without the use of his front shoulders.

What was interesting is he had an exit wound in his neck, same side as the entry. When we skinned the animal we found blood in the fat at his belly and another exit would in one of the hind flanks. The core and jacket was found in the opposite shoulder.

Not a true failure in that the buck did fall in our sight. However, it just goes to show that even moderate velocities like this can create unwanted bullet performance.

DSCN5536.jpg

Most fascinating, Charles. To be sure, you did harvest the buck. Thus, the bullet did work. However, that could be somewhat unnerving when opting to use that particular ammunition on a subsequent hunt.

DrMike":1wz7jomc said:
Most fascinating, Charles. To be sure, you did harvest the buck. Thus, the bullet did work. However, that could be somewhat unnerving when opting to use that particular ammunition on a subsequent hunt.

Spot on Doc,

Not a failure because the bullet did go through in a basic straight line even though in separate pieces.

I just started reloading this year, I took a nice bear with Accubonds, in Ontario. Then this nice Kentucky buck. I was unable to locate the bullet, as it exited front side of left shoulder. Shot was in right side, and the buck died within site.
I am using BT in a 30 TC for Indiana hunting, so I would like to see what that bullet will do. I really like tha AccuBond.

Attachments

• IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    933.6 KB · Views: 404
I hear you there Chuck. A 150 PT or similar would have blown straight thru as well. Not knocking the bullet as it worked and worked fine but stuff like that is why I'd rather run a bullet of a little more integrity.

Great recovery.

SJB358":k3p67wni said:
I hear you there Chuck. A 150 PT or similar would have blown straight thru as well. Not knocking the bullet as it worked and worked fine but stuff like that is why I'd rather run a bullet of a little more integrity.

Great recovery.

My point ed zackley..................if the core and jacket is going to separate then sooner or later it will do it too early in the process rather than "after" the job is done.

My daughter's 7mm made the 120BT I run for her spit the core on her buck last fall.

I'm not thrilled about it, but at her velocities I don't sweat it.

I also know that in a year or so, I'll have her acclimated to a little more push on her shoulder and get her running a 140PT. And we won't look back. :)

30-06 with 180gr AccuBond factory load @ 146yds. Clean pass through the ribs with a .308 entry and about a quarter size exit. Went roughly 15 feet and had to think about it for about 10 seconds, then toppled over backwards. I've started to experiment lately but so far Accubonds have killed everything I've shot at in AK.
c1c0d12b5f551a4e9f796c972484b580.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Good looking beastie. Oh, yeah, I should imagine that the AccuBond will stand up to about anything in North America.

Back