Advice

onesonek

Handloader
Apr 4, 2008
Anybody know of some good reasonable hog hunting oppritunities. I hate to say, I haven't researched it a lot, son has to some degree, but thought I would throw a feeler out here, and see. Would like to be within a 16-18 hr. drive of SW Minnesota.

Dave

There is a outfit in Watson, Mi in the central UP.
I will get the name this weekend.

JD338

Sounds good Jim. I'm just looking besides what I had mentioned to you. Can't hurt to look around.

It would appear that anywhere in the Tennessee/north Georgia/north Alabama/north Mississippi area. Tons of opportunities around the southeast. I know South Carolina has a huge hog hunting opportunity, but it may be outside your 18hr window by an hour or three.

I would like to hear some as well. Hunting pigs would be pretty fun, give me an excuse to ring out the 444 or 45-70 a little.

onesonek":s2cfxb3r said:
Anybody know of some good reasonable hog hunting oppritunities. I hate to say, I haven't researched it a lot, son has to some degree, but thought I would throw a feeler out here, and see. Would like to be within a 16-18 hr. drive of SW Minnesota.

That new AR got you twitching Dave??? :mrgreen:

There are some hog hunting operations in Kentucky which is within your 16-18 hour radius from Minnesota.

I'll check it out Charlie. I never gave KY. a though in my limited search so far. Thanks!

SJB358":bnv8t9g5 said:
I would like to hear some as well. Hunting pigs would be pretty fun, give me an excuse to ring out the 444 or 45-70 a little.

Yup did it a couple of years ago with my 356 Winnie.

Florida :). I am working on getting into some properties where the landowners want them GONE

I would be interested in hog hunting opportunities where multiple hogs can be taken. It doesn't make sense to drive 12-18 hours to shoot a single hog.

Charlie-NY":35exacij said:
I would be interested in hog hunting opportunities where multiple hogs can be taken. It doesn't make sense to drive 12-18 hours to shoot a single hog.

I'm looking for much the same of multiple animals too Charlie on the feral's. I would make exceptions on large Russian throphy possibilities however. But, this trip is more a hunting trip of time, rather than the hunt itself, without super high expense cost if possible. I'm all for more at less cost when I can make it work otherwise, on pest pigs.

My step-grandson and his dad went to Texas last fall on a package deal for multiple feral hogs, they only hunted for one day but my grandson took five hogs between 20 and 350 pounds. They flew down for that hunt and I do not know any of the details about were they went except it was south Texas. I did the same thing years ago and it was not really expensive then.

Back