Another monster in the neighborhood

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
My neighbor found these sheds up behind the house. 370 plus or minus. I see now I have a lot of junk in the photos, I'll stop by his shop again.

Attachments

• 8B694337-35FC-4AE9-9DF2-B2AC707637D1.jpeg
    8B694337-35FC-4AE9-9DF2-B2AC707637D1.jpeg
    697.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 688750DB-9148-4680-AD4E-C910B60D3FE6.jpeg
    688750DB-9148-4680-AD4E-C910B60D3FE6.jpeg
    671.1 KB · Views: 62
I believe it‘s a Bregara but I’m not sure. I’m going into his shop tomorrow, trying to talk him into a trade, I’ll check and let you know the details. Very good people to do business with. They use to sell a lot of Christiansen rifles, sell a lot of Bergaras and Brownings now because people don’t complain about those. Very good people to do business with.

I am blessed by location. This bull was living at least part of the year, three miles east from the house, my guess is he is spends summers in the eagle cap wilderness which starts just a little farther away than that.
About 10 miles north east of me is the Mt. Emily unit. A number of 400 inch bulls have come out of there in the last five years.
North of me less than 20 miles is the Walla Walla unit, Just east of it Wenaha.
Big one in the snow, sub unit to the Walla Walla; Walla Walla Watershed, I think. I posted that pic in the fall but still don’t have many details.
From up above the house as well
About 10 miles SE of the house, found last year.
and a couple more all from within 20 miles of the house.
A couple of the photos are friends of friends who I don’t know.
The broadside bull was scouting.
The backside shot is my rump packing out of the Walla Walla with a buddy’s bull.
The point being is I’m fortunate to see these guys often, scouting is as easy as getting up an hour early, driving an hour or so, hang out for a while and come home for chores. I love seeing and chasing elk.

Attachments

• IMG_2500.jpeg
    IMG_2500.jpeg
    541.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2617.jpeg
    IMG_2617.jpeg
    460 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3072.jpeg
    IMG_3072.jpeg
    418.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5745.jpeg
    IMG_5745.jpeg
    704.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0008.jpeg
    IMG_0008.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8028.jpeg
    IMG_8028.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2495.jpeg
    IMG_2495.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I am blessed by location. This bull was living at least part of the year, three miles east from the house, my guess is he is spends summers in the eagle cap wilderness which starts just a little farther away than that.
About 10 miles north east of me is the Mt. Emily unit. A number of 400 inch bulls have come out of there in the last five years.
North of me less than 20 miles is the Walla Walla unit, Just east of it Wenaha.
Big one in the snow, sub unit to the Walla Walla; Walla Walla Watershed, I think. I posted that pic in the fall but still don’t have many details.
From up above the house as well
About 10 miles SE of the house, found last year.
and a couple more all from within 20 miles of the house.
A couple of the photos are friends of friends who I don’t know.
The broadside bull was scouting.
The backside shot is my rump packing out of the Walla Walla with a buddy’s bull.
The point being is I’m fortunate to see these guys often, scouting is as easy as getting up an hour early, driving an hour or so, hang out for a while and come home for chores. I love seeing and chasing elk.
They're some monsters.

You certainly have the genetics and habitat for monster bulls. Very cool 😎

JD338

It Is a Bergara HMR, that particular rifle is a 300wm. Sells for $1049. He was not sure whinch cartridges he had in the back room.
My son's Bergara in 7mm Rem Mag is seriously accurate. Very nice to shoot as well.

Yes, awesome bull elk! Thanks for sharing the photos. I'm kinda getting an itch to hunt bull elk again. Still have a freezer full of cow elk meat and deer meat though. This year I bought an archery tag for elk, was going to try to arrow a cow elk. That season is in September, so the elk should be pretty doggone active. :)

Guy

Back