ATTN: NOSLER-barrel lengths for ballistic info?

the444shooter

Beginner
Oct 31, 2004
I was curious as to what barrel length was used for your 180gr AccuBond ballistics with the 300 Remington Ultra Mag. 3250fps sounds more like a 24" data figure, but I wasn't sure.

On a side note, way to go on the Nosler forums!!! It's about time!

So, why only 3250? IMHO, the cartridge was designed for the 3300+ barrier. Was that just the most accurate load? In looking at your reloading manual, I was surprised to see all sub-3300fps velocities for the 180gr loads. I don't get it, since all other manuals that have the 300RUM in them list velocities to at least 3300fps. Why are the Noslers slower? Sorry to keep pressing the issue, but I was hoping to find some factory loaded accubonds for my gun, and Federal isn't loading them in the Ultra Mag yet, and I bought the rifle to achieve the 3300+fps, otherwise I would have just gone with the 300 Win mag or 300 Wby.

on the back of their original swift scirrocco boxes with the ballistics tables, Remington lists 3300...now in their product catalogues, they list 3250 but with a 24" bbl. Federal also lists 3250 with their TBBC's, but I figured that they were using a 24" bbl as well. Thanks for the replies thus far.

Back