Beretta 92 or Sig P226?

When I started packing a gun at work it was a resolver.

These days it's a double action only crunchenticker. Between the two you mentioned I'd opt for the Sig unless you have hands the size of the Jolly Green Giant's. I carry a Sig 226 with the DAK trigger off duty if that tells you anything. It's the nicest DAO trigger to be found in an autoloader except for the Kahr brand.

One of these days I'll go back to packing a 3" .357 magnum six shooter, probably when I retire. In the meantime I'll look at a Sig 239 DAK, singlestack, for when I need deeper concealment. I shot the Beretta, a lot, at FLETC and used to own one even. Now days I wouldn't keep one unless you paid me. I believe the Sig to be stronger, fits the average hand better, and most importantly, to be more reliable.

Just my $0.02.

Anybody wanting a 1911 that shoots, out of the box, I'd look hard at Colt.

In the two years I've had mine, 5000 rounds and one recoil spring change, it has only failed due to magazine issues that were solved by trashing the offending magazine, three times. Use a reliable magazine and it feeds anything. No gunsmithing involved and it's as it came out of the box except for a set of Pachmayr rubber grips.

I am using a .40 S&W Pit Bull Charter Arms revolver. It weighs 20 ounces and packs lots of punch in that .40 caliber bullet. I also have a weapons pocket in my leather jacket. I carry either a .380 S&W or a .32 H&R Mag Scandium revolver in there. They each weigh 12 ounces.

I also have a Scandium (8) shot, .22 S&W, 3 inch Kit gun.

Not a bad rig Charlie!

How is the extraction on that rig?

Well Being the bad boy that I am.... I have both.... sorta!

IMG_9961.jpg

FOTIS":1cybykux said:
Not a bad rig Charlie!

How is the extraction on that rig?

It is a little slow and I have no speedloader that I can buy for it but for an old man who will be one-on-one with the bad guy or one-on-two, it is good enough. I just want to be able to double-tap twice.

Back