Blaser Rifles

sonofagun

Beginner
Sep 6, 2006
Does anyone have any information (opinion) regarding the Blaser R93 rifles. I am considering one. Thanks as always.
Gun

They are great guns but I never really looked into them foe 2 reasons.
1. Way past my budget limitations.
2. Ugly as sin--my personal opinion.

I have a Blaser, and was skeptical at first also.. I have always been a Remington man until I witnessed the Blaser at the range. These rifles are very different with the straight action and the option to switch barrels and calibers...These rifles are very accurate due to the design, all barrels are free floated and are made of the of the best steel, I cant remember what grade but I can shoot and shoot at the range and my groups do not spread when the barrel heats up unlike other rifles.. I have a 7mm Mag and a 375 h&h barrel which can be switched back and forth. After you sight in your rifle-barrel combination, you never lose POI...The Rifle also has a trigger that is really nice , a crisp break at two pounds..I know others mentioned that it is ugly but your targets sure will look pretty.. The only set back is they are very expensive.. I bought mine when they retailed around 1500.. I think today they are around 2100...Scope rings are made by Blaser and they are around 250 and that also includes the base...I think they are definitely worth taking a look at...

With all due respect my SAKO 75's do wonderful things at the range also.
Now they are not switch barrel but they are handsome rifles, to me, so that compensates for the switch barrel thing. :p

Savage99":2rwjd18c said:
Why would you want one?

I don't like the design. I would not shoot one.

I think the design is quite ingenious. I have seen them shot at the range and have been impressed. I think the rifles are beautiful as well. Im not sure I would buy one...that is why I was asking my friends at the Nosler forum. How can you be certain you don't like the design...if you would not shoot one?

iv''e also seen them preform on the Range,a Great friend of mine owns one also, they do take some geting used to i''ll grant you that but their accuracy is second to none,watched my same friend and his father shoot free hand at 550 yard steel ram silhouette,and they both hit it 1for 1 with 180 grain tbbc bullets 300 weatherby magnum caliber,he took that same load and rifle to Africa and shot about 8 too 10 animals, he camcorded the hunt then burned it too a cd disc,truely AUSOME the man and the rifle, alas 4 me no soap my money doesnot strech that far, ifin it will 4 you by all means ...GO 4 IT!!!....regards jjmp :wink:

Back