Blonde or brunette??

ldg397

Handloader
Sep 27, 2007
Now that I have your attention I have the ability to acquire one of two rifles. Which would you gentleman prefer?? :wink:

Sako 85 Finnlight in 6.5x55
Or
Sako 85 Grey Wolf in 260 Remington

Also knowing either probably in the long term would end up in mcmillans. So the cost would be a wash and the weight in the end would be a wash. Only difference would be caliber and fluting of the barrel. Both barrels are 22". I guess there would be minimal weight difference from short action to I believe sako is putting the swede in a long action these days.

These are ballistic twins; either will put a grin on your chin.

I would go with a 260 Rem, I have had 6.5x55 brass in the past that was oversized for the chamber of the Ruger I had, 260 Rem brass is pretty consistant. It's probably not a huge problem but it does exist, 6.5x55 brass can be all over the place. They are ballistic twins otherwise.

At my age a blonde or brunette would be fine, as long as they have teeth and hair.

redhead=6.5 Creedmoor....
I would go with the 260 if you don't reload much.
If you reload the 6.5x55 in the long action you can seat bullets out and get better ballistics then the the 260.

velvetant":3to9omln said:
If you reload the 6.5x55 in the long action you can seat bullets out and get better ballistics then the the 260.

I was thinking that as well, and the 6.5 Swede is pretty danged classy too. Loaded to modern spec's, it really is an awesome performer. I know a 6.5 Swede would be welcome around here.

My dad loved his 6.5 Swede and found it to be the perfect brew on big Whitetails. I myself would probably lean towards a Blonde "hotty with a naughty body" Swedish would be very acceptable, but thats just me. :mrgreen:
Here is a mediumish muley he shot with his little 6.5 right at 350 yds down in Norwood Co with a 139gr Norma load.
Smoken him right in his tracks. Bingo same as the Whitetails straight down .
IMG_0004_zps26c02179.jpg

Well, I would imagine that any Swede is blond! :grin: They are each good cartridges in their own right. I do have a .260 and a 6.5 Creedmoor; I don't have a 6.5X55. The two I have are fine cartridges and I wouldn't hesitate to add a Swede to the lineup.

velvetant":2r5vxarw said:

I was thinking the 6.5x284 or 264 win mag might be the red head?

I am a fan of blonds....I like the 6.5x55 Swede too.

JD338

Back