Box Call

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
Finally have what I think is a good box call. Nothing fancy. Black walnut base and paddle with cottonwood sides. Sounds good, going to get some chalk and it should sound better. Probably the only box call whose paddle spring is an AR15 buffer retainer spring. šŸ˜‰
Being the first one, I think itā€™ll go with me this spring and see if a gullible old Tom is in the neighborhood and lookinā€™ for love.
IMG_0611.jpeg
IMG_0612.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally have what I think is a good box call. Nothing fancy. Black walnut base and paddle with cottonwood sides. Sounds good, going to get some chalk and it should sound better. Probably the only box call whose paddle spring is an AR15 buffer retainer spring. šŸ˜‰
Being the first one, I think itā€™ll go with me this spring and see if a gullible old Tom is in the neighborhood and lookinā€™ for love.
View attachment 21854
View attachment 21855
And if an old tom is looking for love, it will undoubtedly be in all the wrong places! (for him ;) )

Ya just gotta love those Winchester Long Beard loads šŸ˜Ž

JD338
yes I do. They'll reach out there without breaking the bank. 1 small caveat though, give them a little shake before loading them. If you hear a rattle there's a good chance the resin shot encapsulation has cracked, it will effect their range/pattern.

I got my radius planer, so Iā€™m taking orders for these. They are $30 TYD. With money back guarantee if not happy with them. A lot going on right now, so itā€™s about 10 days to finish and ship. PM if you have any questions
Thanks!

Thanks, guys! The response has been much bigger than I expected. I guess there's been resurgence in the appeal of box calls. Us geezers appreciate them, anyway ;)

I got my radius planer, so Iā€™m taking orders for these. They are $30 TYD. With money back guarantee if not happy with them. A lot going on right now, so itā€™s about 10 days to finish and ship. PM if you have any questions
Thanks!
Let me talk to the boss, but I think there will be an order coming.

Some nearly finished for a few members with the brand. Couple more coats of finish and let them cure a few days and theyā€™ll be out the door! I can turn turkey call pots on the lathe, shoot 1/2ā€ groups and thread a needle, but I canā€™t get a brand on straight to save my life. šŸ˜
IMG_0665.jpeg

Back