Browning BLR sight question

JohnD386

Beginner
Jan 16, 2012
Fellas, I purchased a BLR Takedown In 7mm-08. I'm trying to figure out if anyone makes some after market sights. I have a heck of time acquiring a sight picture with the factory sights. I have no intentions of putting a scope on this rifle. I've read some reviews about Williams Sights running out of adjustment on the rear sight and the front sight being easily moved. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Maybe a Lyman, Williams or similar receiver mounted peep. XS makes a nice setup as well for the BLR's.

So hear is another question. I have the rear sight as low as it can go. At 25 yards if I aim at the bullseye it's about 6" high. Now this is the first time I've shot this gun so I wanted to make sure I was on paper so this is reason for the close range. I tried to bring my impact point down but have run out of adjustment room on the rear sight. I wanted to get to 2" high at 25 yards then back up to 50 then 100. This gun is going to be used for thick hardwoods with a max shot of 50 yards. Could I possibly need a taller front sight or could it be something else? I'm new to iron sights on a center fire rifle. Thanks for your patience.

If you are running out of adjustment a taller front sight would get you where you need to be. I would actually contact Browning with the issue if you like the current rear sight which it sounds like you aren't fond of. Again, take a look at the XS sights. Very high quality, great adjustments and offer nice express type sights. I would think those would be very useable in the scenario your mentioning.

If Browning cannot sort you out, XS would be my next call. Very user friendly company and excellent quality in their sights.

Rem Jim":1kxm2ujm said:
http://www.skinnersights.com/browning_30.html

Heres what you need ! :grin:

Cheers :) RJ

HA! I would have recommended Skinner's but I didn't know he was making sights for them.

Yeah, Skinners or XS sights would make for a slick handling rifle and fast in the type of shots your looking to do.

HOGWILD338-378":ap1b37k5 said:
These would even look good on this rifle :shock: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =399069168
This one is only about 50 miles east of me but I refuse to pay almost 8% tax just will not happen :lol: now this one I,could bid on for sure :mrgreen: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =397438774

The sellers are pretty optimistic on the prices. The .375 Winchesters are much less desirable than either the .307 or the .356, and neither of them would bring that much.

I have a couple of sets of XS sights and love them. I will put them on any rifle I keep that I intend to have usable irons on.

The NM sun will work on ya after a short period of time and that second one is no reserve and only around the high 5 hundreds rite now! I like them skinners but was looking at the XS's in my Shooters Bible! Skinners are pricey ! With my bad eyes I am not sure I could see much past the barrel's muzzle :eek:

Back