Bushnell Elite 3200 with Rainguard

303carbine

Beginner
Jul 18, 2005
Does anyone out there have field experience with the Bushnell Elite 3200 with Rainguard. Does it really work or is it all a marketing ploy :?: I am thinking of putting one on my .338mag and will it stay together. Any info will help ,thanks , :grin: John 8)

Great Scope. I have a 3x9 on my 270. The raingaurd works likes you would not believe. You can sit all day in a downpour and still have a great sight picture. This rifle shoots great and after two trips out to North dakota and some rough treatment the point of impact has not moved a bit. As far as excessive recoil goes and durabilty my brother has a pistol version of the 3200 on a 500 smith the scope held up fine until he dropped it. His scope has the firefly feature, its nice but not all they claim it to be. Before owning this scope I would only consider a leupold or a burris but now it is hard to not go with another 3200 as it is a great scope for the money.

I have 1 on my 7mm rum-works great. Last year I walked all day in the rain and you could still shoot easily with it-the rain guard works great. They tested it by putting it on a .375 and shooting a 1000 rounds-the crosshairs never moved.

I shot the 5-15x40mm matte for about 4 years now and i am going to be buying a new 3-9x40mm matte simply for the fact that they are affordable and very dependable, i have never seen the reason to switch to leupold, burris or others but thats my own personal opinion, it works for me!
screensaver1.jpg

Have one mounted on a new Ruger M77 300 Winmag. Have only used it so far to sight-in and harvest one Mullie.

Hunting conditions were horrible. Rain drops the size of golf balls and dense fog as well.

Water beaded on the lenses allowing one to still see through. When coming out of the fog banks, I did have to pull out the toilet paper and give her a wipe (to many little droplets to see through). It never fogged over though from heat transfer from my body, after a 10 mile hike.

Gun bounced down all kinds of terrain, both cased and over my shoulder, on an atv. STILL SHOOTS STRAIGHT!

I'd say that they are a good bang for the buck.

Very good scope for the $$

I have one and an Elite 400 without rainguard

Rainguard is a marketing term for wax

We have a couple of the 3-9x40 elite 3200 models. My dad put one on a BAR .338 Win. After a couple hundred rounds, the scope was suffering from inside difficulties as well as tracking difficulties. The other scopes are on a .243 and a .264 Win Mag. My advice is if your putting it on a .338, just buy a Leupold vx1 3-9x40. Those scopes hold up very well to magnum recoil.

I have owned a number of 3200 elites and a couple of 4200's as well. Great scope for the money. To be honest haved noticed much of difference between the rainguard vs non rainguard models...my thought is marketing ploy. However this does discount the return on the investment of this scope. IMHO 3200 is one of (if not) the best bang for buck scopes on the market today.

I have a 3-9x40 Elite 3200 on a 700 Classic in 8x57, and a pair of Legend binoculars, and the rainguard feature is truly a great addition to quality optics. I tested the coating last January in a treestand (on my binoculars) by breath-fogging them on purpose. I could still see through them clearly enough to make out various detail issues, and could even still focus on the bark of trees out to about 50-60yds. The scope on the 700 is a pleasure to shoot, and clarity is right in line with scopes costing substantially more. I recommend either 3200 or 4200 highly. I am about to put a 5-15x40 on a new Mark V I just picked up. In fact, when I consider other scopes, I always come back to Bushnell based on bang for the buck.

I own two older model Elite 4000. The 6-24 mounted on my 222 Remington 40XB and the 4-16 on my 280 Remington. Excellent glass. A friend bought the 3200 with rainguard when they first came out and he likes it. I was impressed by the clarity of the glass on this scope. I think it's a good buy.

They are ok. I don't think they track well, and are too short for long action rifles. But the rainguard works.

Long

Not sure what the problem is with long action mounting, as I have a 3200 on a standard (30-06) length Remington 700 action. I could actually mount it a little forward or backward of where I have it mounted, by about .5-.75" total travel. I have it in Millet mounts, but with a reversible front mount, I could add an inch or more of additional adjustment.

I have 6 all total. As far as the rainguard goes I personally can't tell any difference from any other scope. Bushnell also has a bullet proof warranty. I'll let you know how it works if I ever get my 3x9x50 back They have had it for 3 months now.

Back