Cheap Rifles.

I’m sorry it didn’t work out-I have three girls that hunt and we are heavy on 7mm-08’s in our house. They all shoot very differently and like different feed. I would’ve suggested the 120 grain Sierra pro hunter hand loaded but you’ve already moved on….
There are so many reviews and videos on YouTube-that’s where I start when I have interest in something, guns, bullets, optics, etc. reviews are the key.
Hope you’re next purchase goes much better, I’ve learned my lesson about cheap guns and optics!

Some of those Savages can shoot real good right out of the box, some of them take some work. 2 different bullets with loads and powder that has a history of working in the 7-08, I was ready to move on. I've got some real problem guns sorted out but this wasn't one I wanted to put work into. No harm no foul as I got all my money back out of it, just disappointing is all. There will be a better 7-08 down the road so that is something to look forward to. Ha.

Some years back we bought a Ruger American in .308 for less than $300 and while it is nothing to look at, it shoots great with handloads and factory ammo. I think aesthetically speaking the Mossberg Patriot is probably the best looking of the three brands you mentioned.

Back