concealed carry revolver?

A

Anonymous

Any thoughts or ideas for concealed carry for my wife? She is most comfortable with wheel guns, so I'm a bit stuck. The lighter the better and personally, I feel like any gun is better than no gun. So having said that, I'm not hung on any one cartridge. Hopefully one can be had for not too much money. Thanks for your thoughts....

Looks like what the Dr. ordered. Thanks, I think I'll look around locally first. Ordering over the net makes me nervous. I'm a dinosaur and yes they are very good eating. Had them pretty much daily, that is till the tree huggers forced them out!!!

Try frontier Arms on Lincolnway. They had one.

The Smith is sort of what I had in mind, but I wasn't sure that it was a current production model. The Taurus is looking like a very good alternate...

I carry a Rossi 38 with +p most of the time.
Taurus owns them now.

n1215971267_125740_605.jpg

Seems like I should yell "Bingo".............

Steve:

Try Marv's pawn shop. They have a snubby. Talk to Rick tell him Fotis sent you!

Thank's I'll do just that. I was in town earlier today but I'll be in again in the next day or so. Thanks again... By the way we should get together for some coffee or shooting or both.

Taurus model 85 38 Special with Winchester 110 Silver Tips or if you get one of the new Taurus that is rated for +P a 125 Speer GD or Rem. JHP. These loads are very high, in the 80% range, on the one shot stop scale in police shootings. I help teach the CC permit class and we always suggest to our class to get the Taurus 85 or sub-models. They shoot great and are about as less cost quality pistol you can get. One thing about the air weight pistols, they are light to carry but for smallish women they can be a hand full. The steel frame does help tame recoil. My wife has the steel frame and likes it much better than the air weight. She shoots the steel frame much more accurately and it is much easier to control. I just put 11 people, 5 of them women, through the range qualification this morning and have 9 more, including 3 women to do Saturday.

Any of my CCW students that are looking for a small wheel gun i always recommend S&W. Airweight or steel frame, hammer or hammerless, i think S&W is the way to go. Just took my mother-in-law to the local gunshop and helped her get a nice 642 Airweight with the longer Hogue grip.

I don't know if they actually made it, but I would think a Centennial model S&W Airweight Ladysmith (442/642 maybe?) would be the ticket. Find one pre "safety" lock. I hated the lock on Remington 700s, and I hate it on Smiths.

I hate the locks on the S&Ws also. If you can find a pre-lock jump on it because they are hard to find around here. Found an 642 without the lock and a great price two years ago. Have yet to find another without the lock.

Well, after much consideration, I went with a Glock model 23. It seemed to be the best concealing, best power and value that I could find. Like other Glocks I've owned, it shoots without a stutter....Thanks for all the help. The wheel guns I looked at were much bigger than the Glock. In any case thanks for the input.

Back