Could this be the real reason we can't find anything?

Who knows anymore with those jackwagons in power!

FOTIS":1jj65y8m said:
Who knows anymore with those jackwagons in power!

That looks to me to be more 'evaluation' quantities than actually loading up something for deployment. Are they doing body armor or vehicle testing there?

That is strange. It seems the purchase order is three years old though. Maybe that office has a ballistics/forensics lab? It would be interesting to see if these places were consistently ordering like this over the past three years.

It's interesting, a lot of cops aren't really "gun guys" even though they may shoot well. I train "my" officers to shoot their duty firearms; the handgun, the AR-15 and the 12 gauge, but some of them have NEVER fired anything else and have little knowledge of the other cartridges and firearms out there.

So... I haul out "interesting" things to the range now and again for some familiarization training. They get to shoot some of them, and get to see what say a .308 does to standard body armor... Or a car door... Some of them are shocked. The hunters among them ask if they can bring their .300 & 7mm mags and help next time!

I wouldn't be surprised that this is something like that - testing and demo purposes - on a much bigger scale than I do with my little police department.

Once I let several of them shoot my .500 S&W revolver. That was fun until one guy almost dropped it after touching off a round. Dang. End of that experiment! :mrgreen:

Sometimes I run through our qual course, once a year normally, with my .44 mag S&W 629, just for the heck of it. Can't carry it on duty, but it's fun to use the speedloaders and do the whole thing "double action" with the same time limits the guys with .40 & .45 autos face.

Good stuff.

Regards, Guy

Back