Coyote troubles.

Looks like you have found a solution to your coyote troubles!

I know that a 90 gr Sierra HP out of a 28" barreled 270 Wby at approx 4000 fps in the ribs opens up the thoracic cavity and negates the need to clean the animal, as the internals are vapourized.

I used to use the 100 gr. Hornady Interlocks on coyotes when I hunted hides in a Kodiak Mauser chambered to the .243 Win. Usually wasn't too hard sewing up the holes if I didn't hit the shoulder bone. Winter of 78/79 was a really good year for pelts. I was living in northern Nevada at the time. Down here, in my area coyote pelts aren'y woth bothering with. Hard freezes are few and far between and most are mangy as hell anyway. I've thought about trying the 85 gr. Sierra hollow point Game King on a few just to see how they work. Just depends on how they shoot in my two rifles chambered to the .243. Sometimes I kick myself for giving that Kodiak Mauser away to the son of a friend for his first rifle. That rifle shot everything well.
Paul B.

That one won't be anymore trouble, nice shooting. Boy, he is dark.

I shot 2 last month, but they are mangy flea and tick infested critters around he as well.
20221203_152914.jpg

Good Shootin; I normally hunt coyotes all winter but they aren't worth anything this year so I only shot a couple in deer season

Back