CT Nosler bullets with Lubalox coating

trsmith18

Beginner
Jan 27, 2010
What is everyones experience with reloading these bullets. They seem to be pretty sweet looking based on the info on the website. Which are they most similar to the AccuBond or BT? they seem to be the right price $20 for 50.

I understand them to be BT's with the lubalox coating. They look really cool matched with nickel plated brass. I used them in my 30 cal's for years. Many a deer and goat were harvested with them.
Russ

russ808 is spot on. The CT is a BT with the lubalox coating.

JD338

Winchester has always had some sort of gimmick coating on their bullets. Does anyone remember Lubaloy? They BST are just NBT's with a cool looking Darth Vader coating. I have seen zero difference in fouling effects between the NBT and BST. They sure kill deer quite dead.

Anybody who's shot a bunch of these Lubalox coated bullets have any issues with the stuff coating their bore? I'm thinking along the lines of how Moly coats a bore, and is difficult to clean out.

I shot a lot of the Fail Safes in years past, both the Winchester Fail Safes and the Combined Technology. I never had a problem cleaning the bore of my rifles (7mm RM and 300 WSM).

I've loaded the 140 grain in my 7Mag and also shot Winchester 150 grain CT ammo in the same gun and I like the way they shoot. I still got some 140 grain CT'S and some 150 grain CT'S that I'M going to load later. Haven had any trouble with build up in the bore. A few of my kin folk wouldn't shoot anything else. The CT bullets are as good as Noslers for killing deer.

Noslers Rock!

dubyam":gjkqsccr said:
Anybody who's shot a bunch of these Lubalox coated bullets have any issues with the stuff coating their bore? I'm thinking along the lines of how Moly coats a bore, and is difficult to clean out.

It does not build up like Moly and is easy to clean and with one of my Ruger 06 it would shoot tighter groups than the standard BT.

Does anyone know if the CT is using the BT hunting bullet or the regular BT bullet? When I tried the BST around 2002 in my STW I was blowing the jackets right off of them.

Personally I never experienced a notable difference between the 115 BT vs SBT

Sako7STW":3m565rr1 said:
Does anyone know if the CT is using the BT hunting bullet or the regular BT bullet? When I tried the BST around 2002 in my STW I was blowing the jackets right off of them.

In my 7mmSTW I used the 150gr CT and it never shed jackets on me. I never tried the 140gr in my STW.

I'm wondering if the coating enables the bullet to "slide" down the barrel easier dropping pressures and possibly slowing the bullet down, therefore enabling the judicious handloader the opportunity to speed things up a little bit.

big rifle man":vc1ytj8e said:
I'm wondering if the coating enables the bullet to "slide" down the barrel easier dropping pressures and possibly slowing the bullet down, therefore enabling the judicious handloader the opportunity to speed things up a little bit.

They run a tad faster with the same powder charge when using the same weight BT. I like them and fixing to have 300 more of the 180gr CT BT this coming Monday for use in my 30-06.

Cobined Technology bullets work great. I use them in most apps I can. I advise them for use to most friends/colleagues etc etc.

They use the most up to date Ballistic Tip available. Lubalox coat the bullet, put a gray polymer tip on and there you go. One CT ballistic tip.

The coating does NOT hinder in the cleaning of the rifle whatsoever. On the contrary the coating actually aids in getting all the foreign matter you need to get out. It will be a tick faster. 5-15 fps faster.
The main thing is the cleaning. It is so easy to get that barrel to a mirror finish using the CT bullets.

dubyam":31uq3vaz said:

Lubalox is a nickel alloy based lubricant that is only a few molecules thick and crosslinked with the copper, zinc of the bullet They are not sticky like Moly coating. It does leave a little residue in the bore but it comes out easily with a copper brush or a few solvent patches.

These bullets are very accurate and I use them in a couple of non-magnum cartridges. I have been using them for 20? years with no real issues, except high accuracy.

Back