CZ 600 Opinion

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
My son in law brought this to my attention as he is considering one in 6.5 PRC..I don't know what to make of it, other than its quite a departure from their 500 series. I guess its pretty utilitarian, but it's guaranteed sub MOA . The quick barrel swap system is pretty slick, but not real sure what that does to consistency. It's locked in by an alignment pin and 3 torx screws. I don't think I'll have one anytime soon, but maybe there's a market in the up and coming hunters/shooters. It's an ugly duckling, but maybe it'll be a swan one day. Anyway what's y'alls thoughts. The son in law sure does seem smitten by it.
CZ 600 Alpha

Never handled one. I have owned CZ rifles, however. They were well-built work horses that always delivered the goods for me. Until I was shown otherwise, I'd not be fearful of picking up the new rifle at the right price (so, there is a caveat).

Never handled one. I have owned CZ rifles, however. They were well-built work horses that always delivered the goods for me. Until I was shown otherwise, I'd not be fearful of picking up the new rifle at the right price (so, there is a caveat).
When I said I wouldn't be getting one, that was mostly because the available chamberings didn't offer anything I don't already have or need another of. I've seen a few videos where they do make tiny little groups.

Well, I'm tempted to use a Jack O'Connor quote after looking at the picture of the rifle. "The stock on that rifle would abort a lady crocodile." But, then again, a kind of had that same thought on the Steyr Scout Rifle when it came out. That is until I got a chance to handle one. Not pretty but it had a good feel to it. Guess I'd have to say the same on this CZ. I'd have to handle one and see how it feels. I kind of like to option of having several positions for scope mounting.
Paul .

Have only seen pictures of it and it's different but based on the accuracy and dependability of the 2 cz 22s and the 557 308 I bought a grandson I believe it will shoot.

I guess we'll soon find out. He ordered a 6.5 PRC in the Alpha model. It'll be dropped off here for some load workup with the 156 Berger hunting bullet. Going to be a PRC spring, I have a Tika T3x lite of my own coming this way.

Back