Deep fried?

old #7

Handloader
Sep 9, 2006
Do any of you use a deep frier for turkey.
I do and love it. Do you inject it with anything and what do you use for an injector?

Have any of you tried frying anything esle?
I have been thinking of trying a beef roast with the oil at 250 or 275 and maybe some sort of spicey rub on the outdise that would get crispy.

We have a deep fryer. I have used the Cajun Garlic marinade to inject the birds and they turn out pretty good.
I have never used it for anything else but your idea of a beef roast sounds good!

JD338

I use mine to do game birds such as quail 3 or 4 at a time. I dont inject them, but I guessI could. If I did, I would use Allegero.

JDMAG":2r2jcyz6 said:
I use mine to do game birds such as quail 3 or 4 at a time. I dont inject them, but I guessI could. If I did, I would use Allegero.

I bet that is tastey.
Pheasant or grouse comes to mind also.

Oooo they are! just take 2 eggs beat em up, add about 2 cups of milk, dip the birds in this then roll in bisquick, and deep fry. My wife fixed about 50 quail this way a couple of weeks ago at a wild game banquet at church, and folks are still talking about how good they were.

Old# 7

You're the guine pig....? I've been wondering the same thing... I have some fairly healthy sized elk roasts in the freezer that I was wondering that same thing about.....

Powerstroke":3qlp8sak said:
Old# 7

You're the guine pig....? I've been wondering the same thing... I have some fairly healthy sized elk roasts in the freezer that I was wondering that same thing about.....

My wife ordered a 1/2 beef the other day and as soon as it's ready I'm frying one up.

There is a guy at our church that marinates pork and beef tenderloin for about 3 days also injecting it with allegro `before he smokes or grills it. I bet that would be agood thing to do before deep frying it also.
JD

try injecting apple or pineapple juice in any game that you deep fry. I add cayene pepper to the juice prior to injection. you can't beat wild turkey injected this way

Deep Fried an Elk Roast tonite finally.

Did a little Google search first for time vs weight & temp.

I injected the roast first with a lot of butter. I found some rub @ Safeway called " Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt " it has garlic, basil & oregano in it.......

Oil temp between 325 & 350 degrees and 4 minutes per pound.
It turned out well enough that I've taken another one out of the freezer and will try and slice this one up really thin for sandwiches.

Powerstroke":3rm0hqdm said:
Deep Fried an Elk Roast tonite finally.

Did a little Google search first for time vs weight & temp.

I injected the roast first with a lot of butter. I found some rub @ Safeway called " Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt " it has garlic, basil & oregano in it.......

Oil temp between 325 & 350 degrees and 4 minutes per pound.
It turned out well enough that I've taken another one out of the freezer and will try and slice this one up really thin for sandwiches.

Right on.
How thick was it?

Powerstroke

That sounds great! Email me a sandwich. :grin:

JD338

Big ole flat slab.... probably about three inches thick or so.....

Fit in a 8 x 11 or so baking dish just right......

Back