Desert Eagle

Desert Fox

Handloader
Aug 14, 2006
I just acquired a 44 Mag and plan to start developing hunting load for it. Anyone have good recipe for a Hornady XTP. What's the best powder for a semi-auto handgun like the Eagle. I also plan to order a 50AE barrel for this gun. Thanks

I know Accurate had a load listed using # 9 powder that functioned well in the Desert Eagle. I did not test for accuracy.

I have had great performance in my S7W 629 44 Mag with H110.
240 gr XTP and Nosler JHP 23.8 grs H110
250 gr Nosler PT 21.0 grs H110

These are MAX loads, work up carefully.

JD338

Desert Fox, I have a an old model Eagle ( made in Isreal) that I love to shoot. Over the past 15 years I've loaded just about everthing you can in this pistol. From 180 gr XTP's to 300 gr SP. I have found two loads that will cycle everytime in mine and my buds new model. We use a 200 gr XTP loaded with 22.5 gr of H110 over a magnum pistol primer. This works great on anything from cotton tails up to Javelinas. For deer and hogs and one 7.3L ford diesel I use a 250 gr HG Partition with 19.5 gr of H110. I've used most powders and primers over the years. I really find no difference in primers except I personally think the winchester magnum pistol are least affected by humidity. ( swimming with a loaded 44 isn't a practice I reccomend but hog hunters do what hog hunters do) I only use H110 now because 1 it burns clean, 2 it cleans easy, 3 its the most accurate I use. I have at 25000 rounds shot through my Desert Eagle and have only replaced the springs set one time in 2004. The factory bragged to me once that I couldn't shoot the barrell out of my pistol, by god they may be right. The other thing about these loads I can use them in my Redhawk, Ruger Lever carbine, and an old 44 semi auto carbine.

And always remember.....

The DE makes a great boat anchor!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If your target is still moving after the mag is empy, throw it.....

LOL, those are nice pistols. A 50 AE would be alot of fun(not to mention recoil).

JT

Back