Dialed-a-dog!

jmad_81

Handloader
Feb 14, 2007
Set a new personal record this evening with my STW. I saw a yote out in a canola field as I was checking on the daily progress around the farm. I went home to get my rifle and ended up getting the entire family as well. Drove out to where I last spotted her and she was still there just mousing around. Range finder says 530 yards, 7-9 mph wind coming streight at me. I dialeda up 5.5 MOA and held right behind the shoulder and let a 160AB fly. I recovered just in time to see her get slammed to the ground. My wife was watching through the binos and was quite impressed. Upon closer inspection, her heart was gone (the yote's, not my wife's ). I found where the bullet struck the dirt behind her but I was unable to locate the slug. The best part of the entire event was my three year old daughter telling me " nice one daddy, nice one" when I got it back to the truck.

Gotta love it when a plan comes together!
View attachment 2013-03-04_17-30-57_895.jpg

Way to go Jake. Great shot for sure.

JD338

Oh, yeah, I can imagine that 160 grains put the hurt on that dog. Good job, Jake.

OMG :p
I sure as heck dont want you shootin at me!!!!
That is one looooooooooooooong poke .
I have never shot one that far but certainly respect anyone that can!
Excellent work , no wonder your daughter is so proud of you!!!!! 8)

Nice shot, and beautiful dog! That one is light colored, for sure. Congrats!

Oh, and good on you for getting the family involved. Love it when my kids want to be involved in shooting/hunting or really anything outdoors.

Thanks guys. I sure enjoy having the family around when we are shooting. My little girl is all sorts of excited about shooting.

It's kind of neat for me to see, but a few years ago I would not have even come close to making this shot. I'm by no means an expert, but I sure do enjoy practicing and getting better at it. I have a lot of people here to thank as well. This place has helped my shooting skills grow just as much as any range time has.

Back