E-Tips BC not as advertised?

Rommel

Beginner
Jul 1, 2021
Hi All! I read somewhere that E-Tips BC's are not as good as Nosler advertises... Is there any truth in this? Would Accubonds / BTips be better for flatter shooting to longer ranges?

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
I haven't had a ton of success using any of Nosler's listed BC's to be honest. Applied Ballistics usually has tested them and gives a truer BC to start with. Most all of them are inflated a decent amount.

Scrumbag

Beginner
Feb 22, 2021
I also found that in 25 Cal the 100 gr E-tips where not at length quoted and if you tried loading them to lengths given in Nosler data you ended up going past the ogive and getting crappy neck tension.

I will say Noslers BC for their 185gr RDF seems to hold true but that's the only one I have tested.

M

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
SJB358":26sap0h9 said:
I haven't had a ton of success using any of Nosler's listed BC's to be honest. Applied Ballistics usually has tested them and gives a truer BC to start with. Most all of them are inflated a decent amount.

Where are their findings listed???

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
FOTIS":2xlrebpk said:
SJB358":2xlrebpk said:

Where are their findings listed???

If you use the program they should have the corrected BCs in the program.

Ridgerunner665

Handloader
Oct 28, 2008
Applied Ballistics is some of the best money I ever spent (the app)... the custom drag models are great, not free, but well worth the little they cost for the bullets they're available for.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk