Beginner
Mar 31, 2005
I would like to share a picture of my elk and deer,
Both were taken in Colorado on public land and no preferance points as both
wer 2nd choice
DSCN0027SmallMedium.jpg

DSCN0015Small.jpg

Congrats buddy! great trophies.

Give us the juicy parts though.... Rilfe bullets loads range performance etc!!!! :lol:

Congrats !
Both awesome animals........seems the hunting here in CO has been a little meager this year.........I havn't heard of too many people doing very well.
I was able to take a small 4pt Buck in the NW Corner, but not near the caliber that we went after.
Cow elk to follow at the end of this month...still need to break the .300 in.

Both were one shot bang flop ! 200 gr. AB , 300 RUM. Got the bull 1st season
and the buck 2nd season. Haven,t seen a lot of elk comming out. I think
a lot of this is to much pressure, and most people not willing to get off
their atv's and out of their pick ups and hike a ways off the beaten path
The elk was 3.5 miles away from any road,but I was able to get my atv fairly close after the fact.
The deer was after a 6 mile hike and I was returning back to camp was able to get the atv to him after a severe down hill drag.
Had to skin and quarter the elk and pack him a ways ,not to bad ,tho..
Charlie

Outstanding! That 200 grain AccuBond sure seems to go well with the .300 RUM... Both the mulie and the bull are just plain outstanding! Congratulations.

Beautiful trophies, congrats!
Also nice to hear that guys can get the success that are willing to hike in a ways, pays to be in shape!
Also, it does seem that the 300RUM and 200 grain AccuBond go very well together, I look forward to trying that combination :grin:

Guy Miner":19ra8huq said:
Outstanding! That 200 grain AccuBond sure seems to go well with the .300 RUM... Both the mulie and the bull are just plain outstanding! Congratulations.

+100 :wink:

Back