First high powered rifle for my son...

Congrats. As much as I love my 70's, that little RAR Predator 223 is a very fun rifle and shoots WAY beyond the price tag.

Does anybody know if the barrels are replaceable on them? Not that mine will need one for a long time, but if they were slipped into a nicer stock they would be pretty sweet.

Way to go! We'll need a full Bullet report RR!

Congrats to that boy. Great shot!

Daniel connects again...about 90 yards on this one, dropped him in his tracks, again.

Congratulations to Daniel! The grin looks to be permanently affixed to his face. Love to see such joy in a young hunter.

Congratulations to Daniel!

He sure is putting that 7-08 to good use!

Well if more kids Daniels age, were spending more time with their Dad like you two, and alot less time on smartphones, tablets
And gameing, this world would be a much better place, that much I know for sure, tell him an old guide from Alaska thinks he has the "right stuff".............
E

Very nice Lynn. I might have missed it but what bullet is your boy running in his 7-08?

Congrats to the boy. Seems like he is digging it!

SJB358":3ere4dvc said:
Very nice Lynn. I might have missed it but what bullet is your boy running in his 7-08?

For now he's using Hornady factory ammo, the low recoil stuff with 120 grain SST bullets.

Those bullets are doing quite well too, they appear to expand very easily yet they have all exited these deer, even on a quartering to shot at just over 200 yards.... And they do tremendous damage for a bullet with a muzzle velocity of only 2,400 fps.

Ridgerunner665":1d087jqi said:
SJB358":1d087jqi said:

For now he's using Hornady factory ammo, the low recoil stuff with 120 grain SST bullets.

Those bullets are doing quite well too, they appear to expand very easily yet they have all exited these deer, even on a quartering to shot at just over 200 yards.... And they do tremendous damage for a bullet with a muzzle velocity of only 2,400 fps.

I was wondering if that is what you were using. Makes good sense that bullet is doing so well at the lower sorta velocity as well. Probably just about perfect FPS to make them do exactly what they are supposed to. Great stuff. Thank you for sharing.

Very neat. Always a great thing to watch youngsters who have had their interest stirred. Congratulations.

Back