Got my heavy 25-06!!!!!!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Can not wait to shoot her! 110 AB, 100 gr bt and 75 gr v max!

The stock needs to go. Hate it, too bulky.

Anyone got a sporter MKII long action stock?

pix961899312.jpg

Nice looking shooter pop. Good luck with the stock replacement, I'm sure that you can improve on it. Try a McMillan, that's the one that I have always liked. Let us know how she shoots.

I'm getting a sporter stock and opening the barrel channel. :lol:

Nice Pop! I'll keep my eyes open for a stock. but I'm sure you'll find one first :grin:

Nice Pop.
The forend of that stock feels like a rail road tie. A sporter stock should shave a pound off of her.

JD338

POP, you are addicted to guns like I am, and there is no curer that I know of and if there is I don't want it. Great looking rifle and I know you can't wait to shoot it. :lol:

Bullet you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!

An addiction for sure.....but its a .25. Love that "Target Gray". Needs a Dark walnut stock IMHO. Incidentally, Pops banker must be a heck of a nice guy too! :lol: CL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of those laminated black & gray stocks would look great with the "target gray" finish on that Ruger.

Looking forward to a range report! Nice rifle...

You will love that 25-06 caliber. They kill way beyond better than people think they would. If I had to settle on one caliber for deer on down it would be my 25-06 and with a 115 Nos Partition or 120 Speer grand slam I would not be afraid to take on elk.

I have shot more game with the 25-06 than with all other calibers cobined. Fun gun.

POP":sutq1qu2 said:
I have shot more game with the 25-06 than with all other calibers cobined. Fun gun.
Oh now yer just building it up to sell two months after ya get it! :roll: :twisted: :wink:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Got her home today. Beautiful but what a pig with that stock! Got a walnut 77 stock coming. Man that sand paper is gonna go to work on that barrel channel on the new walnut stock.

You're gonna need to take a week off to test out all that iron when spring rolls around and the wind dies down :grin: Should be alot of fun

JT

YoteSmoker":3pwejted said:
Maybe you could rasp and belt sand down that laminated stock?
You wanna try it? My wood working sux!

Back