Grouse Galore!

Looks good. My girls are still recovering from surgeries. Stitches in for another week. Then we get to start Chukar and Pheasant hunting. That gross looking mass weighed about 1 1/2 pounds from Miss Sugars armpit. Molly had some smaller non carcinomas removed since we were there kind of thing.

Attachments

• IMG_6414.jpeg
    IMG_6414.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 6
We use to have some great Ruff grouse hunting till the younger generations started selling of the home steads and now all we have is overcrowding from developments and resorts where the gen x can run their side by sides racing threw the mountains and old farm steads.

Our bird numbers are way down this year...the first year of low population of the 7 year cycle, after several very good years...
We spent the day out last Monday cruising the backroads and trails looking for birds...we saw 5 and came home with a ruffie, a dusky and a spruce hen.
Still, a great day in the woods, as we also saw 2 very nice bull moose cruising for cows as the rut is starting here.

Grouse has always been the best eating of the game birds around here. But I shoot a lot of chukar and quail too! Good work Earle.

Very nice. I can’t remember the last time I jumped a grouse. Never intentionally hunted them, but used to bump them all the time.

Back